Hero (SB): $25.55
      BB: $24.60
      UTG: $27.90
      MP: $28.85
      CO: $32.15
      BTN: $5.10

Pre Flop: ($0.40) Hero is SB with T:spade: T:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.80) 8:heart: J:club: 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.26, BB calls $1.26

Turn: ($4.32) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.99

Villain

hands 137, vpip 23, pfr 14, AF 3,1, 3bet 13, fold bb to steal 83

I'm not entirely sure about it, but I assume villain is multitabling regular as he was playing in two of my tables and he was tight and aggressive. The most ridiculous and aggressive play I saw him make was when he went broke with AQo 100bb deep against button 4bet. He also checkraised the turn with kings where he had bet the flop so I assumed he would know the concept of floating and would also do it by himself. He did some second barrels with air, but never with marginal holdings. My read was that when he bets he has top pair with good kicker or better or nothing at all.

Flop

If I get raised I just muck it because we don't have any history and I don't want to check/call either.

Turn

The flop was really the type he could float with gutshots and overcards. And because I assumed he is aggressive and would bet more hands than he would call with, I check.

What is my best line here? Call (in hopes that he hits straight or flush) and bet the river or raise and bet the river (I would never check the river to him as there is no reason to presume him to 2nd barrel bluff without history between us)?

Or should I just continue betting on the turn and get value from T9 (he would check back) and KJ,QJ,JT,J9 (check backs)? 8x and better hands he would bet.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if he has 8 then he is never folding, if he has smt like Ax or KQ or even AT I think he´d check back a lot of river even if he doesn´t improve
      I would c/r turn to 8$. he may think you´re making some kind of draw and if he has Jx I think he´d call you down