This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 FD against 3better

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $51.50
      CO:
      $48.75
      BU:
      $50.00
      SB:
      $22.90
      BB:
      $50.00
      UTG1:
      $28.30
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $52.55
      MP1:
      $51.80
      MP2:
      $112.25

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T, J.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, CO raises to $5.50, BU calls $5.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($17.25) A, 3, 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $8.50, BU folds, Hero raises to $47.05(All-In), CO calls $34.75(All-In).

Turn: ($107.55) 4 (2 players)

River: ($107.55) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $107.55.

This guy 3bets 3.5 on 10k hands, so his range here is definitely a bit broader. I see myself check-shoving quite a few boards with my hand. He will definitely need to let go of anything that's not an ace (TT+ for sure, probably more, suited connectors). He might even be on an ace that he lets go here.

The question is: is the shove still profitable seeing how I'm totally dead against AA? Is it too spewy? What if the board isn't paired?

General comments on the play are of course welcome ;) . Is the shove too much for instance? Should I rather make a normal raise?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think c/c flop is fine play.
      If he has there TT-KK he would check back turn and likely fold to your river bet even if you don´t improve and if he bets again you can fold, since he likely has either better flushdraw or Ax himself
      on paired board you´re likely not going to c/r with AQ/AJ and it is really hard you to have 3x, so if you c/rai then he can easily call you down with his pp-s
      I think you can also take one option by leading to him on the flop10$ and when he is making small raise then shove
      but in general it is really hard you to rep anything else than draw and if he has made hand I doubt he is folding that
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I think c/c flop is fine play.
      If he has there TT-KK he would check back turn and likely fold to your river bet even if you don´t improve and if he bets again you can fold, since he likely has either better flushdraw or Ax himself
      on paired board you´re likely not going to c/r with AQ/AJ and it is really hard you to have 3x, so if you c/rai then he can easily call you down with his pp-s
      I think you can also take one option by leading to him on the flop10$ and when he is making small raise then shove
      but in general it is really hard you to rep anything else than draw and if he has made hand I doubt he is folding that
      And you don't think I can represent AK or even AQ with the history that he has been 3betting me quite frequently? Doesn't he often have a pocket pair that he will have to fold?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he´d rather b/c than b/f on that board, since you generally have draws more often than AQ. He´d expect that you 4-bet AK and get all-in pf