$28.30
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $52.55
      MP1:
      $51.80
      MP2:
      $112.25

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T, J.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, CO raises to $5.50, BU calls $5.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($17.25) A, 3, 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $8.50, BU folds, Hero raises to $47.05(All-In), CO calls $34.75(All-In).

Turn: ($107.55) 4 (2 players)

River: ($107.55) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $107.55.

This guy 3bets 3.5 on 10k hands, so his range here is definitely a bit broader. I see myself check-shoving quite a few boards with my hand. He will definitely need to let go of anything that's not an ace (TT+ for sure, probably more, suited connectors). He might even be on an ace that he lets go here.

The question is: is the shove still profitable seeing how I'm totally dead against AA? Is it too spewy? What if the board isn't paired?

General comments on the play are of course welcome ;) . Is the shove too much for instance? Should I rather make a normal raise?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think c/c flop is fine play.
      If he has there TT-KK he would check back turn and likely fold to your river bet even if you don´t improve and if he bets again you can fold, since he likely has either better flushdraw or Ax himself
      on paired board you´re likely not going to c/r with AQ/AJ and it is really hard you to have 3x, so if you c/rai then he can easily call you down with his pp-s
      I think you can also take one option by leading to him on the flop10$ and when he is making small raise then shove
      but in general it is really hard you to rep anything else than draw and if he has made hand I doubt he is folding that
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I think c/c flop is fine play.
      If he has there TT-KK he would check back turn and likely fold to your river bet even if you don´t improve and if he bets again you can fold, since he likely has either better flushdraw or Ax himself
      on paired board you´re likely not going to c/r with AQ/AJ and it is really hard you to have 3x, so if you c/rai then he can easily call you down with his pp-s
      I think you can also take one option by leading to him on the flop10$ and when he is making small raise then shove
      but in general it is really hard you to rep anything else than draw and if he has made hand I doubt he is folding that
      And you don't think I can represent AK or even AQ with the history that he has been 3betting me quite frequently? Doesn't he often have a pocket pair that he will have to fold?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he´d rather b/c than b/f on that board, since you generally have draws more often than AQ. He´d expect that you 4-bet AK and get all-in pf