SSS on Rush Poker

• PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      With myself being mainly a tournament player I thought, with the help of Mr Mardy Bum's and PokerStrategy's knowledge, I could start playing cash games a lot more, which is the format I used when I first played online. Anyway I decided to play some Rush poker, I lost around $8, which isn't amazing but it's not good as my bankroll is around $60. Today I was trying to explain to a friend what Rush Poker was and I decided to start playing it a little bit more, it's a bit swingy but I managed. After losing AA and KK a few times I chose to take a new aproach and play using the short stack strategy, obviously you get to play a lot more hands in Rush Poker so I could re-evaluate my cash game there. I bought in for $2 and using the SSS I gradually made my way up to $14 playing 306 hands, which in my opinion is fairly good. I should have recorded my hands and posted them but agt the time I wasn't really thinking about it, I was mega-concentrating.

Has anybody else used the short stack strategy whilst playing Rush poker, if so how did it go?

Are you going to play rush poker on FullTilt using the SSS?

Ps: Check out Mr Mardy Bum's blog: Return To Innocence. The Blog Of A Man That Grew Up.
  • 16 replies
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      Congratz, but actually SSS isn't possible on rush poker as the minimum buy in is 40 bbs.
      Still, u can use the same hand range as if u played SSS and also the betsizes ;)
    • PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      Originally posted by drawback
      Congratz, but actually SSS isn't possible on rush poker as the minimum buy in is 40 bbs.
      Still, u can use the same hand range as if u played SSS and also the betsizes ;)
      That's basically what I meant, using the hand ranges and the whole principle of showing in certain positions.
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      Tried it myself. Only played a sample of 15-20k aprox hands and almost broke even(won a small amount, like 0.5/100bb i guess). However, I got a nice rakeback for those hands :) With the rakeback I earned maybe 60-70 bux.

I was running VERY bad tho!
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Playing my own strategy on Rush poker and creaming through 1.2k - 1.5k hands an hour with a 2.40bb/100.... I am converted forever.. Or until my bankroll exceeds the limits of rush poker.

Beats 24 tabling pokerstars any day.
      Hi PushMeUp btw :P
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Playing my own strategy on Rush poker and creaming through 1.2k - 1.5k hands an hour with a 2.40bb/100.... I am converted forever.. Or until my bankroll exceeds the limits of rush poker.

but what limit?
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      i tried 10-25c with the SSS ranges but also set mined in limped pots as it was 40bb deep, ran like balls over 10k hands and got slaughtered. so i went back to my old faithful 3.50 super turbos, ran like balls again and got slaughtered again. now i've had to drop to 1.50 super turbs and STILL running like balls and still getting slaughtered.

just venting sorry

in theory are the SSS ranges profitable 40 blinds deep at the 10-25c level?
    • PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum

Haha. I played a few Sit & Go's yesterday and had a fairly good run. I cashed in 4/5 games. ($2 + $0.20). I chose to use my winnings, as I seem to be able to cash in almost every $2 + $0.20 9 seater I play now, and play some low stakes rush poker $0.10/$0.25. I managed to make $10 in around 400 hands using the hand ranges from SSS. Seemed fairly easy although I made some real tough laydowns.

Originally posted by bradomurder
      i tried 10-25c with the SSS ranges but also set mined in limped pots as it was 40bb deep, ran like balls over 10k hands and got slaughtered. so i went back to my old faithful 3.50 super turbos, ran like balls again and got slaughtered again. now i've had to drop to 1.50 super turbs and STILL running like balls and still getting slaughtered.

just venting sorry

in theory are the SSS ranges profitable 40 blinds deep at the 10-25c level?

It's ok. I've had it bad like this before. Losing AA to AK, 92, etc. It happens and too be honest you can't do much about it. When I turn on my laptop I have a routine:

* Turn on laptop.
      * Log on to my Facebook, Youtube, MSN and Skype.
      * Look through my Facebook notifications.
      * Look at my YouTube subscription videos.
      * Sign in on FullTilt
      * Join a $2 + $0.20, 9 max, SNG.
      * I play 6 tables.
      * If I lose more money than I have spent then i'll come off and wait either until later on in the day or tomorrow.
      * If I win more money than I lose then i'll carry on playing until I feel that I want to stop playing or if I start going on a losing streak.

I don't really like playing when i'm running bad. I don't steam and start making bad decisions, even though i've done so in the past, but I just feel as if i'll be coming out badly at the end of it all and then I start playing unconfidently.

It will probably help you if you check out some of the downswing reports. they sure helped me when I was being sucked out on all month.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I have been playing rush at 40bb at NL10 and now NL25.

in total I have clocked about 200K hands.

It is extremely swingy you can loose 20BI in a downswing easy so 30BI is a bit low brm I think. I have not played with less than 50BI BRM. It is possible and you can play pocket pairs as well in some case as open raise.
    • Curtold
      Curtold
      Bronze
      I´ve been playing nothing else but
      Rush Poker NL50...
      SSS hand range with few exceptions.
      2 tabling
      Played around 75 k hands.
      Profited around $ 1,3 k (not considering the fat rake backs)

Blind stealing rules, here
      3-bet rules, here too

Loving it
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Curtold
      Rush Poker NL50...
      2 tabling

3-bet rules, here too

Loving it
      any experience of downswing so far? I have. I have build up a nice bankroll with rush but I have had time when I went down dramatically before going back up... I want to make sure to warn OP of the dangers
    • Curtold
      Curtold
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Rush Poker NL50...
      2 tabling

3-bet rules, here too

Loving it
      any experience of downswing so far? I have. I have build up a nice bankroll with rush but I have had time when I went down dramatically before going back up... I want to make sure to warn OP of the dangers
      Yes I have.
      2 Tabling on NL50 can easily lead you to a $100-dollar-loss in less than an hour. It happened to me twice.
      The same way monsters show up faster, the bad beats will hit you faster.
      If you are not prepared to leave the tables as soon as it happens... forget rush ....
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerhelten
      Tried it myself. Only played a sample of 15-20k aprox hands and almost broke even(won a small amount, like 0.5/100bb i guess). However, I got a nice rakeback for those hands :) With the rakeback I earned maybe 60-70 bux.

SSS in not possible on rush poker due to min buyin. Just try BSS, it works :p And yes rakeback rules on rush :D
    • Curtold
      Curtold
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IcMean

SSS in not possible on rush poker due to min buyin. Just try BSS, it works :p And yes rakeback rules on rush :D
      I´ve just developed my own strategy and I named it MSS ... Medium stack strategy :D ... Needless to say its a mix of SSS and BSS ... Doing fine...
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IcMean

I´ve just developed my own strategy and I named it MSS ... Medium stack strategy :D ... Needless to say its a mix of SSS and BSS ... Doing fine...
      Already did this it's in one of my old blogs :P
    • filmfredrik
      filmfredrik
      Bronze
      I am also using my own kind of SSS on Rush Poker.

Basically Basic SSS when I have 20-30BB.

And a different approach (opening up more, regular 3-bets instead of shoves) when I have 30-45BB.

I leave when I get more then 45BB.

Anyone else doing this? Comments?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      ive also heard use of MSS. its nothing new. sorry to burst the bubble :]