[NL2-NL10] AK UTG 3bet pot NL10

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      very difficult situation for me, please advise what can be better done thanks!
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $12.22
      BU:
      $9.90
      SB:
      $11.65
      BB:
      $6.62
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $9.97
      UTG2:
      $3.08
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $8.49
      MP3:
      $11.07

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.35, 5 folds, BU raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.15.

Flop: ($3.15) A, Q, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.15) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

River: ($11.15) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $17.15.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

BU's 3bet is huge, we opened from UTG and we're out of position, frankly if he looks tight you might want to just pass on that one.

As played I'd just start by check/calling since we're probably not getting 2 streets of value from the hands we beat anyway. KK,JJ- will be afraid of the A, AA/AQ/QQ beat us, AK is a tie. If he's bad enough to 3bet worse Ax hands or good enough to 3-bet light with stuff like 87s he'll bet the A for value and try to represent it with his air range. If he checks back, bet the turn for value. If he bets the flop and you call, it leads to a tricky situation that is probably a check/fold against a tag and a check/call again against a fish on the turn, but it's still better overall in my opinion.

As played from the turn onward you bet so small i have no idea what that guy could continue with, he could have quads Q just as well as A2s for all i know. Just don't put yourself in that spot to begin with.

Hope it helps.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hi, thanks for the evaluation, the guy has AA.
      it is indeed hard to play without HUD on cake and i should have played out like you said. thought my hand had some showdown value, flop bet was trying to take down the pot, on the turn i was just trying to get to the showdown hopefully without revealing much weakness if he just had air. the river call was just being pot committed.