new player need some info on everest

• Tania87
      Tania87
      Basic
      Hi all,
      I'm thinking to put my starting capital on everest, but I need to know some things before I do that.
      Is the rake 5% and its shared or contributed ? (do you get the points of the hand if you fold preflop?)
      What do you do with the summit points ? the base points you convert to cash at 0.004$ / SP rate but what you do with the rest of the points ? example you have 300% modifier. What you do with them?
      Whats the average hand/hour on the low limits for cash tables?
      Thanks for reading
  • 27 replies
    • Tania87
      Tania87
      Basic
      nobody knows the answers for these questions?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Tania87 and welcome to the pokerstrategy community,

I don't actually play on Everest Poker but you can find some answers to your questions in the thread below:

Everest Poker FAQ

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Tania87
      Tania87
      Basic
      thanks, I saw this but I need to have it confirmed if the rake is 5% or more important if its shared or contributed, because it makes too big difference..anyone who plays there and knows please reply here. ty
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      Originally posted by Tania87
      thanks, I saw this but I need to have it confirmed if the rake is 5% or more important if its shared or contributed, because it makes too big difference..anyone who plays there and knows please reply here. ty
      rake is shared, you get points from hands u fold pf.
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      You can convert all summit points to cash.e.g. 5000 Summit points= $20. At base camp which you qualify for at just 300 points. Everest then increases your tally at the end of each table session by 2x the amount earned.
      So say at NL10 A 90min session at one table might earn you around 10 summit points. Everest then adds a further 20.

The higher up the VIP ladder you are the quicker you earn them although the rate of exchange stays the same.

Points are dealt rake. If you fold pre, you still receive points if rake was taken.

The software is a little clunky for want of a better word and this makes the speed of the games a little slow although that is often not helped by the amount of action you will get at NL10/NL25 6 max where the games are very loose. Lots of not so good players.Good for profit though.

Not sure what the exact rake %, although it will increase significantly as you climb the levels but naturally that will depend on your volume.
      Hope this helps. :f_cool: Gary.
    • Tania87
      Tania87
      Basic
      thanks for replies, at last one more thing i want to know, what can u do with the rest of the SP after you convert it to cash? i understand that only the base points you can convert, but the rest will be spend on what? For example can you buy anything with 10k SP ?
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      i understand that only the base points you can convert, but the rest will be spend on what? For example can you buy anything with 10k SP ?
      morris979

You can convert all summit points to cash.e.g. 5000 Summit points= $20
      I'll share my stats and calculations! I gain around 14SP per 100 hands @ NL10! VIP is somewhere around 5.5% rakeback for those 14SP/100 then multiply by level. I pay around 10 big blinds/100 hands rake. So $1 rake/100 hands and 14 basis points/100 hands. I'm in Camp 1 so i get 300% bonus in points. So 14+14*3/100 hands=56 points=0.224=22.4% rakeback equivalent.

Love the site... Lots of fish and stuff (I play 6max). Remember to be agrressive with big hands... some fish will think you are stealing the pot and shove. Gotta love them ;-)
    • Tania87
      Tania87
      Basic
      sorry for asking this again, so you can convert all the SP to cash, those bonus SP from 300+% too ? if so thats very nice!
      thanks for replies, If this post will be confirmed then Im sure im going to everest.

Im trying to find articles and sample forums for NL SH but I cant find any, where's the starting hand chart for 6man max tables ?
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      so you can convert all the SP to cash, those bonus SP from 300+% too ?
      Yes, you can convert ALL points
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      the sold purpose of the bonuses is for cash conversion (maybe some items, altho imo their item store sucks).

the more bonus you get, the more % rake you get back when you do the conversion.
    • Tania87
      Tania87
      Basic
      i see, well usually stores suck, most of them, cash is the best deal. thanks for replies, about the NL SH articles/SHC anyone knows something?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Tania87,

We don't actually have a SHC for 6Max ShortHanded play as it is more about the dynamics of the table and playing the players rather than from a starting hand chart, in my honest opinion.

My advice to you would be to start with the Big Stack Strategy for Full Ring until you can fully understand and implement the ideas described in our articles and then at a later date you can start to watch some of our ShortHanded videos and then you will be able to get an idea of how to adjust your playing in order to make the transition to 6Max.

Hope this was of some use to you.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      NL bigstack articles are both 6max on FR (bronze more FR , silver little bit of both and gold, platinum shorthanded). There is no SHC for 6max, but if you watch some SH videos, you will get the feeling of what hands to play). If you are a beginner, I recommend to start with FR.
    • Tania87
      Tania87
      Basic
      I see, I know NL FR at a certain limits but SH didnt really play alot and was wondering if there's a chart at all or not..thanks for replies
    • XZaar
      XZaar
      Bronze
      I play on everest too NL10 6max and after some bad beats I managed to get profit out of it and now grinding. I play something like the BSS but without the suited connectors. Anyway wanted to ask if the summit points convertion to cash is somewhere close to rakeback from fulltilt becouse I m thinking of moving there just for rakeback. I have 5400 sp earned in like a month and a half but the 22$ don't seem too much. Are they?
    • Tania87
      Tania87
      Basic
      I dont think you want to go to full tilt, the software is the best, the rakeback is nice, but you wont profit there as easy at anywhere else..i stopped at full tilt and was thinking to go on cake if i wanted rakeback, but i want to check everest first..
    • Tania87
      Tania87
      Basic
      One more thing, when Im selecting everest poker for my platform, It doesnt say any bonus code to type upon registering
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/platform/9

but if I check it from the main poker rooms page then I see a code there

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/everest-poker PSVIP300

So what bonus code I need to type to get the 50$ capital?
    • XZaar
      XZaar
      Bronze
      You just have to do what pokerstrategy tells you through the page. I dont think there is any code did it a month and a half though and I dont really remember. I think you just put your screen name.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Tania,

The bonus code you are talking about, i hope :) , is the PSVIP300 which is your first deposit code. See below for an explanation.

Bonus $300

You will also receive a $300 clearable bonus when depositing at Everest Poker. It doesn't matter how much you deposit, you will always receive the full $300 bonus.

To receive the bonus, be sure to use our PSVIP300 bonus code when registering at Everest Poker.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve