[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR QQ vs somewhat dry board

• ShadowOfLight1337
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      UTG2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.50, BU folds, SB calls $0.45, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($2.1) 8, 7, 3 (4 players)
      SB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.20, CO folds, SB calls $1.20, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($4.5) T (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.50, SB raises to $12.10, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.

Imo bet fold on the turn was a horrible line for me to take. I think I should have called the turn and then called on the river.
      The guy hasn't been making too many crazy moves, just limping with 35/10 stats. The things I possibly beat in his range are JJ and AT, rest of his range includes finished straights a slowplayed set on the flop TT.

I just took some time laying this down. In the end I went with my gut and folded. The turn bet was just so damn suspicious.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd bet more on the flop, around $1.5.

As played when he suckbets the turn it could still some kind of draw, which makes us inclined to raise it up. However you have to decide right away what you think he'd suckbet/jam with. If he's a monkey he could have a lot of pair + gutshot hands that you still beat, if he's rather tight chances are you're smoked. So in the first situation you already know you're raise/calling if you raise at all, in the second situation you already know you're raise/folding.

I don't really like just calling the turn unless somehow it's really out of character for that guy to be aggressive at all, even with such a small bet.

Hope it helps.