This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Playing large pocket pairs in MTT profitably

• Szkeptik
      Szkeptik
      Basic
      Hi all!

I have a question that is pretty much explained in the title quite clearly. My problem is, that in MTT holdem with 10 people at the tabble I don't really know how to play with large pocket pairs (QQ,KK,AA) to make a real profit out of it.

If I go in with a large bet preflop often everyone just folds, but if I let the flop come with many people still in the game there's a good chance that someone gets something better than a pair. This than often results in either me winning a ridiculously small amount of chips with something like AA preflop, or having to fold to an obvious straight, flush, drill post-flop.
  • 2 replies
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Just play like what u should do raise 4x bb. Never slow play with AA or KK.

If u lose so be it. I the long run, u will win more than losing. Winning the BB is better than losing ur entire buy-in.
    • vicadeboss
      vicadeboss
      Bronze
      Man i never slowplay aa,kk especially on the early stages- bet it out(big)no matter what-from time to time someone will call his ak or other poket pair;if not ehh thas it-better win small then loose big
      when u go deeper 3-4xbb depending on position