$2.26
      MP1:
      $3.56
      MP2:
      $7.11
      MP3:
      $5.45

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, J.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.27) K, T, 4 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05.

Turn: ($0.37) 8 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($0.97) T (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1.25, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.97.

opp: 34 hands - 50/26

It could be raise, but as I was against loose opp and in position I just called this.
      Anyway flop is kinda good for me - I flop top pair with solid kicker. He makes minbet, but there comes first mistake - just calling. Should have raised there to ~0.25$, but anyway my intentions was keep calling 1/2 or 3/4 pot bets to get till showdown.
      Turn comes with much bigger raise, but still it is in my plan - call it because turn card shouldn't change much.
      River card and his overbet made things worse and I folded to it, because he easly could have T which was enough to him to make such a bets on all streets aswell KQ, AK. Not too much possibilities, but still seemed enough for me.
      So my questions:

1. No calling on flop - raise flop to 0.25$? I have hand and should protect it more, but if he shoves, then what?
      2. Should I call turn bet and river overbet?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd raise preflop for value by default against a minraise from a 50/26, tho i don't mind taking a flop in position if you're worried he'll monkey 4bet all over the place.

As played raising the flop is likely mandatory, whatever he's doing it doesn't serve you to just call in that spot. You'll deal with the 3bet when and if it happens, but against a guy with 70bb that seems really loose aggressive, it's likely you should treat your KJ as the nuts barring a read on his line. By the way that means if he's been raising to 4x preflop and suddenly he minraise, his range should be more nutted.

As played on the turn i don't see why he'd bet so close to pot with a T after just minbetting the flop. I'd put him on a more polarized range than you do, either he's bluffing for some reason or he has Kx+ that he tried to sucker you in with his flop minbet. It depends if it's actually possible for him to play a worse Kx like that, on how often you think that guy can bluff, and if he would do so by overbetting. You showed such weakness by just calling the flop minbet that it's far from impossible for an aggressive opponent to just decide you don't have anything.

I realize it's not really much help overall, but it's hard for us to estimate his bluffing frequency and what his bet sizing means without having actually played with him. Trust your guts and follow your reads, 20bb isn't that much.

Hope it helps.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Thanks for response - as you see I've played 34 hands with him and this was one of the first ones I believe, but I had already noticed that he's playing almost every single hand.
      If river would be more neutral card I think calling this would be totally ok and even in this spot I totally wanted to see what he was playing with, but I just think he could have played some kind of Tx there and as you said - I showed weakness by just calling flop and he tried to "value bet" his mid pair on turn. Ofc, against such a player I could be totally wrong and he could really have worse Kx, missed draw or whatever. That's why I posted it here, to clear things as much as possible. :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think bad players often make that transition from a flop minbet to a near pot turn bet that often with a marginal pair like Tx. To me the whole line fits more with either something he slowplayed since preflop, or something he suddenly decided to bluff with on the turn. The more he minraises preflop, the less you should fear the monster, because then he shows up with a lot more stuff that he doesn't have anything to do with except bluffing.

Some info on his c-betting tendencies would also be very helpful, if he routinely c-bets pot and suddenly makes it a minbet it's more suspicious, if he always minbet c-bet it's more likely he just spazzed out this one time from the turn onward.

Hope it helps.