[NL2-NL10] NL5 AQ TP2K + nuts flush draw

• Duudalinja
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BB raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.9) 4, 6, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.35, Hero raises to $0.90, BB raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $5.06, BB calls $3.46.

Turn: ($11.02) T (2 players)

River: ($11.02) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.02.

opp stats over 845 hands - 15/11.6/4.15 (VPIP/PFR/3bet)

Was thinking of 4bet preflop, but as he was regular player decided just to call there as my hand had some potential.
      After flop I was pretty sure he will make cbet and I will raise it. Now it seems I could make my raise bigger (1.10$ at least), but anyway his re-raise seemed too weak and not too confident so I just shoved it as I already had solid hand with nuts draw. Sadly I was behind on the flop but turn improved me to nuts flush there and I won that.

So my questions:

1. 4bet preflop? It doesn't seem like the best idea there...
      2. Should I just call his 3bet or 4bet it without shoving? Anyways, my objective here - get all in asap, true?
      3. What about odds and EV there? I have 9 clean outs for nuts flash, +3 for queen to make two pair and I could be ahead even without improving. I should be ahead of his range a lot in terms of equity, so it should be fine if I'm getting it all in?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

1. Not really, AQs is already no good against the hands that this guy will 3-bet for value in my opinion and a fold could be considered out of position. However it's likely he's also 3-betting light a bit in that situation since 4% 3bet is a tad high for a 15/12, but the only way you don't turn your AQs into a bluff is by calling the 3bet, not 4betting it.

2.3. Flop is a gross situation. It's true that your hand isn't foldable, ever, but at the same time what could that 15/12 guy really go broke with that you beat here? His c-bet looks weak without further info so we can't really start by putting him on Ax, especially since 2 of the aces are accounted for and it's doubtful that guy even 3bets less than AQ+, unless maybe he 3bets bluff small Ax hands. We aren't afraid of anything, our only concern might be that if he's drawing and misses, we won't get his stack. To balance that, if he has a weak hand, the only way we get more value is by letting him bluff or (wrongly)valuebet with it.

So overall it all depends on what you put him when he 3bets preflop and c-bet that flop so small, without reads i'd just assume he rarely has a hand he can go broke on the flop with, so i'm more inclined to give him so rope by just calling. That said, obviously check/raising and going broke with it is never bad per se with 9, maybe 12 outs.

Hope it helps.