$7.40
      BU:
      $5.31
      SB:
      $4.63
      BB:
      $3.60

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, 9.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 2, 8, A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.87.

opp stats over 127 hands: 54/2/3.77 (VPIP/PFR/3bet)

Opp is passive so I don't even really wait for 3bet with Ax hands.

Thing that bothers me is his minraise on flop - I made my cbet, and he minraised it. Usually it means - I have nuts, be afraid! So I folded, because in this situation I had only 2 outs for trips. Ax hands and flush draws could easily fit in his playing range.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine, if you call and you're wrong you're 2-outing against an unpredictable fish, which is a crappy situation to put yourself into. Plus he doesn't seem to use the raise button very often, so you're likely plain beat quite often.

However you might prefer to

1. not c-bet that big, the value you get isn't that big in that spot, 8x with often 5-outs, flushdraws with 9-outs, compared to the time he has Ax and you're 2-outing, it's not worth creating a huge pot over.

2. not c-bet at all, fishy players tend to play a whole bunch of Ax hands or be scared of the A when they don't have it, you can just check back there and reevaluate on the turn.

Hope it helps.