This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Best site for MTTs?

• bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      I currently play at Titan, they have a good selection of cheap MTTs with ok GTD prizes (they have loads of 3k - 6k) tournaments for up to $5, but a couple of months ago I deposited a few bucks on Full Tilt to play the Big Little tournament, and saw that they had a much more impressive offering (ie daily dollar rebuy, with 10k GTD, 200k GTD for $22 bucks).

So I was thinking... which is the best site for small buy-in MTTS ($1-$10), with the largest GTD prizes?
      Full Tilt, or PokerStars?

My roll is currently at $300 and I'm thinking of moving it all to FT.

Cheers!
  • 9 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Both. that's the only answer - most people who regularly play mtts play on both ftp and stars :)

You're gonna have a pretty hard time building a roll from $300 with only mtts, but gl if you decide to do so!
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Yeah, I consider myself pretty good at MTT's (definitely better than cash, and slightly better than SnG), and I'd be playing pretty cheap tournaments, so I'd have a sufficient BR to go for it.

One more comment that may tip the balance to one site or another: I am not too keen on 8h+ tournaments - so which site has more tournaments with 4-6h duration?

Thanks again :s_biggrin:
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      if you are a good regular at stars, you can also get tremendous value by playing the FPP satellites.

But i'd think the giant sized micro MTTs would be an enormous crap-shoot? how does one sustain a good win-rate in those to build a roll?
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Conclusion:

I am finding Full Tilt infinitely better than Titan - they have a vastly superior selection of diffrent SnG formats (matrix, satellite, 45 and 90 man, etc), as well as a lot more offerings of cheap MTTs (under $3). I deposited $200, and in 1 week of very conservative BRM and infrequent play I am up $50!

:s_biggrin:
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Also:

- Rush Poker is a plus
      - I played a $1 90man SnG with Matt Sexton, finished in 4th, he in 3rd :P
      - Mini FTOPS offers excellent value and I am already registered for 4 of them!
      - Rakeback is better than at Titan
      - Full Tilt Poker Academy - I have already started finishing some challenges and hope to make a couple of hundred $ completely free.

All in all, Titan doesn't stand a chance against FT, I'm practically in love! :P
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Seems like it was a good decision!

:D

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Mental note: Stay clear of bakoy :D

Congrats my friend, keep up the great run and enjoy Full Tilt.

Bart
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Them Full Tilt challenges seem ridicolously hard to collect... Its only 750 for a really strenuos challenge and you need 20k for $100...

Waste of time............................... :tongue:
    • saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      FT imo is much better. I play the MTT 90plr sng's K.O. and in less than 200 MTT's played i took my BR from $190 to over $800. This was playing the $3 90plr sng's.

I am a believer in FT.