Best site for MTTs?

• bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      I currently play at Titan, they have a good selection of cheap MTTs with ok GTD prizes (they have loads of 3k - 6k) tournaments for up to $5, but a couple of months ago I deposited a few bucks on Full Tilt to play the Big Little tournament, and saw that they had a much more impressive offering (ie daily dollar rebuy, with 10k GTD, 200k GTD for $22 bucks).

So I was thinking... which is the best site for small buy-in MTTS ($1-$10), with the largest GTD prizes?
      Full Tilt, or PokerStars?

My roll is currently at $300 and I'm thinking of moving it all to FT.

Cheers!
  • 9 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Both. that's the only answer - most people who regularly play mtts play on both ftp and stars :)

You're gonna have a pretty hard time building a roll from $300 with only mtts, but gl if you decide to do so!
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Yeah, I consider myself pretty good at MTT's (definitely better than cash, and slightly better than SnG), and I'd be playing pretty cheap tournaments, so I'd have a sufficient BR to go for it.

One more comment that may tip the balance to one site or another: I am not too keen on 8h+ tournaments - so which site has more tournaments with 4-6h duration?

Thanks again :s_biggrin:
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      if you are a good regular at stars, you can also get tremendous value by playing the FPP satellites.

But i'd think the giant sized micro MTTs would be an enormous crap-shoot? how does one sustain a good win-rate in those to build a roll?
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Conclusion:

I am finding Full Tilt infinitely better than Titan - they have a vastly superior selection of diffrent SnG formats (matrix, satellite, 45 and 90 man, etc), as well as a lot more offerings of cheap MTTs (under $3). I deposited $200, and in 1 week of very conservative BRM and infrequent play I am up $50!

:s_biggrin:
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Also:

- Rush Poker is a plus
      - I played a $1 90man SnG with Matt Sexton, finished in 4th, he in 3rd :P
      - Mini FTOPS offers excellent value and I am already registered for 4 of them!
      - Rakeback is better than at Titan
      - Full Tilt Poker Academy - I have already started finishing some challenges and hope to make a couple of hundred $ completely free.

All in all, Titan doesn't stand a chance against FT, I'm practically in love! :P
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Seems like it was a good decision!

:D

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Mental note: Stay clear of bakoy :D

Congrats my friend, keep up the great run and enjoy Full Tilt.

Bart
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Them Full Tilt challenges seem ridicolously hard to collect... Its only 750 for a really strenuos challenge and you need 20k for $100...

Waste of time............................... :tongue:
    • saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      FT imo is much better. I play the MTT 90plr sng's K.O. and in less than 200 MTT's played i took my BR from $190 to over $800. This was playing the $3 90plr sng's.

I am a believer in FT.