[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Fr TT @ MP2

• prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,
      i think my play was really terrible here... any suggestions how to play this correctly?
      sorry, no stats here, CO seemed to be tight, that's all.

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $6.51
      CO:
      $9.23
      BU:
      $5.22
      SB:
      $3.90
      BB (Hero):
      $5.49
      UTG1:
      $4.89
      UTG2:
      $3.15
      MP1:
      $5.19
      MP2:
      $1.23

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, T.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.20, BU calls $0.20, SB folds, Hero calls $0.15, UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($0.67) Q, 9, Q (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.35, BU folds, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.67.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well i don't think it's terrible.

If CO is tight you aren't really thrilled to be 3bet/folding TT against him preflop, so calling is a decent option. If it turns out CO is isolating limpers with a wider range than you thought, consider 3betting next time.

Postflop check/folding certainly is on the weak side, as people will usually check/call at least once on that flop, especially against such a weak c-bet. That being said, it's always the same problem, if CO is tight you might only have AK beat there. 99+/AQ all tie or crush your hand, and you'll be out of position not knowing what to expect from a player that is mostly unknown, which usually ends up with you making more costly mistakes along the line with a marginal pair (if you have the worse hand and his betting range is tight you might end up wrongly calling again, if you have the best hand and his betting range is wide you might end up folding it anyway to further bets).

So in short, if you think CO is loose enough to be isolating the limper with a variety of worse hands, go ahead and check/call the c-bet knowing you're ahead of his range, but that any card above a T will be awful on the turn. If you think CO is quite tight, i don't mind your play.

Hope it helps.