This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Nut FD + AK overcards

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      You raise preflop and gets one who limp called your raise. The board comes monotone and you hold the A, the nut FD. I made a contibet in this situation (Im not entirely sure if that was 100% correct though) and he calls. In this scenario should you just check behind or make another bet on turn or river? Or should you play check/call all the way?

Edit:
      And ofc in THIS situation when Im IP its not supposed to be "check/call", silly me.. I was also thinking about how you would do it OOP.. So be so kind to separate the 2 situations hehe... Damn me and my sillines lol :P
  • 2 replies
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      The contibet was 100 precent correct if you hold the ace.I personally like to bet my draws so I would bet the turn also and if I dont hit my flush on the river i check or if he bets i fold, but i think most of people would tell you to take a free card and see if you can catch your flush.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Cont bet here 100% i agree.

If OOP on the flop and bet into, do some math and find out if you got the odds to call - remember the possibility that he might be semi-bluffing with a weaker flushdraw. If you cont bet and he calls, and you don't hit your flush on the turn it gets a little more complex - if you think the villain might fold to a second shot - go ahead and do it, if not then you don't have much more options than to c/c (or c/f if he bets too much). I will mostly lead out again on the turn in these situations.

If IP you cont bet as normal, and I would mostly take the freecard on the turn in these cases.

Best regards,
      Mugge