[NL2-NL10] NL4 66 set

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (7 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($2.31)
      MP1 ($4.15)
      MP2 ($4)
      CO ($2.29)
      Button ($2.37)
      Hero (SB) ($4.13)
      BB ($3.63)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 6
      UTG calls $0.04, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.02, BB checks

Flop: ($0.12) 6, J, 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.36) 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, UTG calls $0.28

River: ($0.92) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, UTG calls $1.80

Total pot: $4.52 | Rake: $0.30

Results:
      Hero had 6, 6 (three of a kind, sixes).
      UTG had 10, 10 (three of a kind, tens).
      Outcome: UTG won $4.22
      does flop bet would be good if I x2 pot. I readed at ps.com as max protection bet. but most of the time most people will fold so I will lose value.
      I play well maybe river bet was too big but I want more money in the pot so what you think what bet pattern would be best vs unknown. on this board I bet 100% pot then at turn what flush draw didnt complete do I again have to bet big in order to dont him pot odds so 2/3 pot size bet on turn would be bad? and river I just want to go allin with set on board where is 0% straight and flush? yes but most of the time they will fold so 2/3 would be smallest size that I can bet?
      yea its player depended but im mutlitabling and all player to me is unknow so I need more robotic play of style.
  • 5 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I think your betsizing on the flop and turn is okay. You mention that you think you should have perhaps bet bigger on the turn for protection - this is a fair point but remember anyone is less likely to chase draws knowing that there is only one card left to come out so I think your betsizing here on the turn is good.

On the river I really don't bet 2x pot (against a unknown) - you'll lose a lot of value against Jx,Qx,Tx and other worse hands and imo only likely ever get called by better hands. I would prefer betting like $0.7 and folding to a raise - since if you get raised you are beat imo. Also it sucks if he shoves to your river bet since you have invested so much whereas if you only bet $0.7 - folding will not feel so bad.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      thanks for help but I dont think I ever will fold on that board to ALL IN.
      not at nl4 and at cake it's lowest limit there.
      Thank you again
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      I think your betsizing on the flop and turn is okay. You mention that you think you should have perhaps bet bigger on the turn for protection - this is a fair point but remember anyone is less likely to chase draws knowing that there is only one card left to come out so I think your betsizing here on the turn is good.

On the river I really don't bet 2x pot (against a unknown) - you'll lose a lot of value against Jx,Qx,Tx and other worse hands and imo only likely ever get called by better hands. I would prefer betting like $0.7 and folding to a raise - since if you get raised you are beat imo. Also it sucks if he shoves to your river bet since you have invested so much whereas if you only bet $0.7 - folding will not feel so bad.
      Agreed, except most fish don't care that there is only one card left to come, so it's not that big a factor.

I don't hate an overbet on the river if they're huge calling station, chances are the hands you beat on that board made two pairs somehow so they're unlikely to ever fold. Just be aware you'll run into 9x and bigger sets sometimes, from players who don't raise even on drawy boards.

Hope it helps.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd

Just be aware you'll run into 9x and bigger sets sometimes, from players who don't raise even on drawy boards.

Hope it helps.
      how do I spot that he have bigger set?
      raising like hell in unraised pot with no flush or straight draw possible.
      I gess I will never fold set really unless it raised pot and board is with two AA, KK or something like that but then again I will have fullhouse and they probably will have set only not better full house.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can't. It's a possibility so it should go into your thought process that a fish is wrongly slowplaying a bigger set sometimes, which means that the ratio of hands you beat over hands that beat you is slightly lower than you'd expect against a better player, which in turns means you should valuebet slightly tighter. That being said, since fishy players will always surprise you by how light they're calling down, this barely ever changes your final decision on whether or not to valuebet.

You shouldn't be looking to fold a set on a dry board ever at nl2. If you get action from passive players on wet textures you can find some folds.

By the way if you have three of a kind using only one card in your hand, call it trips instead of a set, people will understand easier.

Hope it helps.