This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KQ vs Trip board on the river

• ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $19.05
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $8.50
      MP1:
      $10.05
      MP2:
      $7.55
      MP3:
      $18.65
      CO:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q.
      CO posts deadblind, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 raises to $0.60, CO folds, Hero calls $0.60, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.05) T, 9, Q (3 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($4.25) T (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80.

River: ($7.85) T (2 players)
      MP3 bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20.

Final Pot: $14.25.
      Results follow:

The guy's a 13/6 over 80 hands. I didn't feel like foldind to his tightness, because I was in position.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

That's exactly why those hands are called trouble hands, especially against villains that look tight. They look pretty and it's cheap so you take a flop hoping to flop big, you only flop a hand that most likely is no good against a tight villain's valuebetting range, but he's betting small so you call down, and end up losing about a stack anyway.

There isn't anything you can do except knowing your villain better and choosing between two bad options: calling down knowing there is a good chance you'll get valuetowned because he's tight, and making a weak fold knowing you might have the best hand sometimes because it's always a possibility against an unknown. Either way, try and make that "what do i do with a top pair against that guy if he bets flop and turn?" decision preflop, or at least have an idea.

Hope it helps.