Hero ($10.50)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      UTG+2 ($21.86)
      MP1 ($11.78)
      MP2 ($58.19)
      CO ($9.25)
      BTN ($9.81)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $2, UTG+1 raises to $10 (AI), UTG+2 calls $10, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero ???

UTG+1 is 11/10, UTG+2 is 15/6

UTG+1 has 3% 3-bet from EP

Here what i put them on:
      I think i'm probably behind or flipping vs UTG+1 JJ+,AK+,
      UTG+2 will probably have QQ+AK+

Easy fold?
  • 6 replies
    • DusanBanik
      DusanBanik
      Bronze
      Since UTG+1 is SSP that he has probably AK, AA, KK, maybe AQ.
      I think that UTG+2 do not have a monster like AA, KK, QQ. It is more likely to be AJ+.

You invested 2$ and you have 8$ left so you have odds 1:4. With AKs i think you can go all in in this situation.

If you do not have statistic from these player and you play very safe than i think it's good to fold.
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      UTG+1 looks like a SSS player. His normal range could be JJ+ and AK but if he is a good SSS player and adapts to another SSS player who openraise from UTG then his range should be QQ+.

UTG+2 looks a bit more tight passive but after a raise and reraise his range should be very narrow. A bad tight passive player is smooth calling with PP's although not getting good implieds. A good player is calling to trap with only KK+.

If you think that either of these players are good: specifically if you believe UTG+1 is will adust his range because you are SS or if UTG+2 can cold call to trap then this is a fold. If you think both players are bad then this is a shove.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i don't think they are good, but i don't think they are that bad that they will 3-bet and call me with hands i can easily beat.

The best i can hope for is a flip vs JJ/QQ or a split pot with AK. I think half the time i'm way behind one of them holding AA/KK.

Plus another thing i considered here is that if i'm playing a flip vs one guy, the other will probably have blocking card for my outs AK/AQ
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey elhh82,

UTG+1 looks like a solid SSS player and he will probably 3-bet you according to your UTG PFR, so, what's your UTG PFR and average PFR?

Anyhow, I usually don't fold AK when playing SSS. Considering UTG+1 has range of JJ+/AK and UTG+2 has a little fishy stats he might have a range like AK/TT+ thus improving your equity a little I think going broke is ok, but folding isn't much of a mistake either, it's even better if you don't like variance. And on NL50 you don't have to worry about villains exploiting your fold to 3-bet, so you can also fold AK from time to time.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      My EP PFR is 7.4% Average is 11.5
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      My EP PFR is 7.4% Average is 11.5
      With those stats I am pretty sure the range of JJ+/AK is correct for UTG+1, so the original estimation was ok.