$10.05
      BB:
      $13.25
      UTG2:
      $11.45
      MP1:
      $12.95

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, Q.
      UTG2 raises to $0.20, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.55) J, Q, T (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, UTG2 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.35) 9 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.20, UTG2 calls $1.20.

River: ($4.75) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $2.30, UTG2 calls $2.30.

Final Pot: $9.35.
      Results follow:
  • 3 replies
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      I don't like this...i've seen so many preflop limps and minraises with strong hands at these limits. Wouldn't amaze me if villain hit a set, but a K (AK, KQ too) is definitely a huge part of his range here that I'd play it in a totally different way.

Definitely calling flop there, with a 9 on the turn I'd just check it to keep the pot small. Checking river too for a cheap showdown.

Have no idea if my play has any sense here. :) Really interested too see coaches opinion here, will keep an eye on this thread.
    • prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,
      definitely an interesting hand!
      I think i would have played a bit differently on the last street. I would also go ahead and bet on the turn but I would just check on the river and call a small raise. If he led out with a big raise, i would think i was beat.
      My thinking here would be the following: on the flop there is an obvious OESD and you re-raised him but he called. Then he check/called your bet on the turn so i think he really showed quite some strength. That's why i would put him on a big hand like two pair or better and i would opt for a cheap showdown.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends what you mean when you say he's a calling station. If he really is the usual calling station type, then him raising preflop and c-betting that flop might already be super strong, he could have a set or AK, as well as KK+ that has decent equity against us. If he's raising looser than that then raising on the flop is mandatory.

As played the turn is close too, unless villain has a huge preflop raising range including a lot of top pairs (which a calling station likely doesn't have), the value is thin when the board is 4-straight, it could go either way. If you do decide to bet, the value is even thinner on the river, so it should be a check back unless his range up until know is really awfully wide.

Hope it helps.