[NL20-NL50] Nl 25 Bss Tt

• BoyRobot777
      Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:diamond: , T:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.25.
      Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, SB calls $1.15, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.00) 5:spade: , 3:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.13, SB calls $2.13.

Turn: ($7.26) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.17, SB calls $5.17.

River: ($17.60) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB raises $18.86 (All-In), Hero calls $16.45 (All-In).

Final Pot: $52.91
  • 5 replies
    • purplefizz
      his move stinks of suspicious things.

my thoughts:
      - opponent seems pretty laggy from his stats. (vpip 49, AF 4.4) so that i think he would 3bet with higher pocket pairs than us preflop (ruling it out) but it also makes it hard to predict his hand-- could be holding A3 or A4 or A5 for all we know (its deffo in his range)
      - high went to showdown means he is capable of such moves like bluffing ri ver or calling down. but i doubt to the point of donking all in since his w$SD seems fine.
      - the board is dry, so wat is he representing with that all-in? the thing is, u were showing much strength with ur bets all the way, so his move is actually indicating even more strength. (as if he didnt want to risk u checking behind). altho if he did have nutz, better move for him would be to c/r u on the river for more value since he should've sensed u were gonna keep barelling anyway.

i have hands like this where i thought everything was going pretty standard until the river then im like wth happened?
      overall, i think correct move would be a tough fold but its not such a huge mistake to call as well. i myself wouldnt be able to make the laydown tho...
    • Kaitz20
      I would usually call, but I´m not happy that he shoves.
      Just he can have there too many worse hands combinatsions that he´d turn into bluff and now tries to worse you out with your overpair
    • BoyRobot777
      Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and threes (Td Tc)
      SB shows two pairs, eights and fives (5c 8c)

Hero wins with two pairs, tens and threes (Td Tc)
    • BoyRobot777
      he did forgot that board was paired :D but nice call PF
    • awishformore
      Actually that hand makes a lot of sense for his line :D .