Is this normal?

• corsc
      corsc
      Bronze

Ok, this is my first time playing NL (im a FL player) and I realise the sample size isnt exactly huge but Im not sure how much more my BR can handle this kind of performance.

So my question is as the thread name states, is this normal for NL?

(Most of this data is from PartyPoker but there is some Titan in there too)

Its a pity really, NL is a much nicer way than FL to clear bonuses and such.

(Thx to Fagin for the reminder)

Its NL10, SSS FL (10 on titan and 9 on PP)

According to Elephant my stats are:
      VPIP: 6, PFR 6
      Postflop Agg: 6
      WTSD: 41
  • 6 replies
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm no expert but it would help those who are if you could say what level you are playing ie: NL20/NL50/NL100??

Also are you playing BSS or SSS - its difficult to say just from the chart but at a guess you may be playing too many hands - NL rewards tighter play than FL. Are you playing FR or SH ? - this too, makes a big difference.

I'm sure if you can include some of this info you will get plenty of help and advice from much more experienced players than me.

Gl
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      bump. sorry Im really interested in answer. Is this the kind of "variance" that comes from SSS or didnt I just start my SSS with a bad run?
    • Titicamara
      Titicamara
      Bronze
      Perfectly normal. Sometimes when you run bad, you will run really really bad. Doesn't matter what you do, you just can't win.
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks for the reply.

At least that gives me some idea of the possible variances and therefore gives me a base to compare FL vs NL(SSS)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Corsc,

When I first changed from FL to SSS NL, I lost 18BI in 2.2k hands. That was $36. I'm glad that my bankroll was already nearly 1K by then.

The next 5k or so hands evened it out mostly. So variance can be huge. During that period, I looked over the hands I'd played, and found that AK against lower pp, AI, I lost 13 of 16, which is against expectation, but that can happen.
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      Thanks for that, I had noticed some lower than expected results with AK and QQ particularly.

Today is was much better so here's hoping it continues :)

That said Im still searching for a poker variant that suits.