Stack
      SB:
      $1,89
      Hero:
      $2,36
      CO:
      $2,67

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3:heart: , 3:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero calls $0,02, CO raises to $0,08, BU folds, SB calls $0,07, BB folds, Hero calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,26) K:heart: , 3:spade: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,12, CO calls $0,12, SB folds.

Turn: ($0,50) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,27, CO calls $0,27.

River: ($1,04) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, CO calls $0,70.

Final Pot: $2,44

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, threes (3h 3d)
      CO shows a pair of kings (As Kc)

Hero wins with three of a kind, threes (3h 3d)

Did i play this hand right?
      i called with 33 following the SHC and then got raised behind me, the SHC says Call 20 to a raise before you so i assumed the same applies if u get raised behind. After hitting my set on the flop i just continued to bet for value as i thought i had the best hand.

Edit: forgot the limits, NL2
  • 2 replies
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Well I would raise there with the 33, but playing by the starting rules calling is more than OK. After that guy raises behind you, you can easily do the math again - you pay 3BB, with the opportunity to double up + dead money in the pot + potential 3rd guy to get value from.

Anyway I guess you can figure that much on your own. The only thing I dislike about the hand is your bet sizing. On those limits (I play micro too ^^) villains pay off.
      On the flop you bet less than half pot, on the turn you bet pretty much half pot and on the river with that blank that does nothing (I really doubt someone would call 2 streets with 79 to complete the straight) - the fact that he called you on the extremely dry flop with pretty much no draws possible AND the turn, means he had a piece of the board, more importantly a piece that he doesn't want to fold. That means you can pretty much get away with pot bet or even a bit over and still get your value.

What I would do in the exact same situation from the flop is open 0.18 in 0.26, then around 0.46 to 0.52 in 0.62 and then AT LEAST 2/3 pot river, 3/4 pot or pot bet are even preferable.

In summary - preflop play is OK, get more value on the streets!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by BattleHunter
      Well I would raise there with the 33, but playing by the starting rules calling is more than OK. After that guy raises behind you, you can easily do the math again - you pay 3BB, with the opportunity to double up + dead money in the pot + potential 3rd guy to get value from.

Anyway I guess you can figure that much on your own. The only thing I dislike about the hand is your bet sizing. On those limits (I play micro too ^^) villains pay off.
      On the flop you bet less than half pot, on the turn you bet pretty much half pot and on the river with that blank that does nothing (I really doubt someone would call 2 streets with 79 to complete the straight) - the fact that he called you on the extremely dry flop with pretty much no draws possible AND the turn, means he had a piece of the board, more importantly a piece that he doesn't want to fold. That means you can pretty much get away with pot bet or even a bit over and still get your value.

What I would do in the exact same situation from the flop is open 0.18 in 0.26, then around 0.46 to 0.52 in 0.62 and then AT LEAST 2/3 pot river, 3/4 pot or pot bet are even preferable.

In summary - preflop play is OK, get more value on the streets!
      Agreed overall.

There is something to be said for betting smaller on the flop like you did, expecting villain to peel a lot lighter (any pair maybe A-high) than he would have if you had bet pot (good pocket pairs and Kx+).

However against most people at nl2, first the bet sizing won't have as big an impact on their calling range than you might think, and second, even if it does, the value you get for 3 streets in a way bigger pot against Kx will usually more than make up for the few big blinds you'd get from really marginal hands on the flop.

Hope it helps.