$8.75
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG1:
      $50.00
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $85.75

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9, 9.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $4.00, 5 folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($8.75) 5, 5, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Turn: ($18.75) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $10.50, Hero raises to $26.00, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $29.25.

Can you play it like this against a LAGish 3betting aggro villain?

I don't like the fact that I can't really represent much here.

I however do like the fact that there is almost nothing in his (rather wide) range he can keep playing - or am I wrong?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you can c/r flop and then got all-in on the flop
      Not really sure your c/r on the turn. If you think he is bluffing then call him down although since you´re deep he might b/f there Ax hand
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I think you can c/r flop and then got all-in on the flop
      Not really sure your c/r on the turn. If you think he is bluffing then call him down although since you´re deep he might b/f there Ax hand
      Doesn't a raise on the turn look much stronger? As I said, he's very aggro and easily capable of playing back to a raise on my flop with air, which puts me into an ugly spot where the bluffs are a much smaller part of his range than before.

Also, I think there is more value in raising it on the turn.
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      I think both your and kaitz20 lines are somewhat OK.

Big difference is that if you raise/reraise on flop, you are playing for value. If he just calls your raise (he has there probably some pair stronger than yours), you can fire again on that turncard to get him to fold.

if you c/r turn, you are making a bluff, he folds there sometimes stronger pairs, sometimes weak aces and ofcourse his trash. but if he thinks a littlebit he can call your raise with TT, JJ, QQ assuming you are bluffing enough frequently on this card. River goes probably check/check then.

Calling is an option, but you give free card to something like KQ, KJ, QJ and even if he doesnt have them and one of these hits on river, you probably fold to his bet. So i dont like this very much.