This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 JJ vs loose squeezer

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      €0.25/€0.50 No Limit Holdem
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG (€57.15)
      Hero (€65.10)
      MP1 (€50)
      MP2 (€50)
      CO (€50)
      BTN (€72.55)
      SB (€50)
      BB (€98.35)

Pre-Flop: (€0.75, 8 players) Hero is UTG+1 J:club: J:heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to €1.50, MP1 calls €1.50, MP2 calls €1.50, CO raises to €5.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to €17, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO goes all-in €50, Hero calls €33

Flop: 6:club: 6:heart: 10:diamond: (€103.75, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 5:spade: (€103.75, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 2:club: (€103.75, 2 players, 1 all-in)

My note on this opponent is that he squeezes very loosely. I have seem him do it with AJ as well as with total trash. My 4bet thus isn't worthy of discussion; the question is about calling his shove here.

It all comes down to whether he shoves with AK or not. Is it something you can only find out about a player after you know him well? Or are there actually some good indicators to estimate this?

In case I assume he would rarely shove AK in that spot, but only QQ+, this turns into an easy fold, right?
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

We should never 4b/f JJ :D If we decide to 4b JJ, it is with the intention of going broke, as we have already invested too much to fold such a strong hand.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      Hey!

We should never 4b/f JJ :D If we decide to 4b JJ, it is with the intention of going broke, as we have already invested too much to fold such a strong hand.
      I don't really like "you should never" arguments in poker :rolleyes: . There are people on NL50 who 3bet very lightly, but only shove KK+ preflop and just calling the 4bet with AK and some other hands (pairs/scs) if the action was aggressive enough. What would be the reason to go broke against this kind of player with a hand that's crushed by his range?