MP1 (€27.50)
      MP2 (€47.50)
      CO (€71.30)
      BTN (€56.90)
      SB (€58.20)
      Hero (€50)

Pre-Flop: (€0.75, 8 players) Hero is BB K:diamond: A:club:
      5 folds, BTN raises to €1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to €5, BTN calls €3.50

Flop: 4:heart: 9:diamond: 3:heart: (€10.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets €6, BTN raises to €15, Hero calls €9

Turn: 9:club: (€40.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN goes all-in €36.90, Hero goes all-in €30

River: 8:spade: (€107.15, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: €107.15

In this case, I had a lot of history against villain. My reasoning was that he would never raise anything stronger than my hand in this case because he had been slow-playing and delaying his value raises against me all the time.

With the raise he does, I give him a range that needs fold equity here. My plan was actually to check/raise the turn all-in if the draws miss and after his big shove on the turn, I'm 100% positive he didn't play for value here.

Do you think my play here is ever viable or is it just too spewy?
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

If you think he's never raising the flop for value with something like TT, JJ or maybe even 9x, indeed you cannot fold AK. I would however be more inclined to shove this flop, because even his bluffing range has pretty good equit against us. If a Q, J, T or :heart: falls on the turn you'll be in an awkward spot. If the board was super dry, I'd prefer just calling and let him bluff off his KQ or whatever he has =)
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      Hey!

If you think he's never raising the flop for value with something like TT, JJ or maybe even 9x, indeed you cannot fold AK. I would however be more inclined to shove this flop, because even his bluffing range has pretty good equit against us. If a Q, J, T or :heart: falls on the turn you'll be in an awkward spot. If the board was super dry, I'd prefer just calling and let him bluff off his KQ or whatever he has =)
      I agree, but I don't have any problem folding the turn in that case. The plan was, as I said, to shove on a blank ;) .