This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH AQ vs 3bet

• DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Villain 3bets 5%. Should I fold somewhere in the hand? I shove turn because I dont want to see another spade on the river.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $50.00
      CO:
      $110.50
      BU:
      $59.80
      SB:
      $50.25
      BB:
      $59.75
      MP2:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB raises to $5.50, BB folds, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($11.5) 8, 7, A (2 players)
      SB bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50.

Turn: ($26.5) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $15.00, Hero raises to $37.00(All-In), SB calls $22.00(All-In).

River: ($100.5) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $100.5.
  • 5 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I don't really see why you would shove on this turn, all you do is get rid of his bluffs and weaker hands imo. The flush draw has already hit and a straight draw isn't that likely. The 7 and 88 has you beat anyway and weaker aces might still fold to your shove. I think this is a call-down at best and if there is another spade on the river, tough luck.

I however don't play SH and I have no idea how easily you can go broke in a 3-bet pot, so I don't know if you can go broke here - I would say it depends on the opponents AF and WTS.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      His AF is 2.33 and WTS is 29%, so not really out of line.

About the turn shove, I 'm not afraid about the straight draw, and suited hands are only a small part of his range so it is much more likely for him to have one spade. If I shove here, he has 4:1 odds, so I think he will call with any spade. I also doubt if AJ will fold here.
      I understand your arguments for the calldown but there are definitely arguments for a shove as well.

The real question is, what is his rangen on this turn? Is he 2nd barreling KK-JJ because he now has a flush draw, or does he only have AA, AK, AQ and maybe AJ?
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Fold preflop.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I didn't because I have position and I don't want to fold to 3bets to often.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if he only 3-bet 5% then fold is likely better pf
      postflop, I would likely just raise flop to represent draw and then get all-in
      You´re ahead sometimes AJ TT-KK, split AQ and since you´re reping draw he can easily shove/call with pp and unless he improves, like also getting there with flushdraw he would c/f turn anyway
      shove turn is fine. I think villain might b/c there TT-KK with flushdraws