[NL2-NL10] Nl200 - 88

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      I had some interesting hand today and i am wondering about your opinion.

The table was very LAG - P/F > 35%, there was a lot of limping around :) :) , but table was (interesting) not full of fishes but standard LAGs...

In one hand i was on CO position, had 88 and 33$, that means 16,5BB.., before me 6 people limped including BB, so in the pot was 6,5BB...

I had no special notes on players if due to table LAGness they would limp some monsters like 99+?!...I was thinking if i make a normal raise, i would be anway pot commited...so i pushed...

How would you play that?

BR

Drach
  • 5 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I think the biggest consideration will be how loose will they call you? 88 doesn't flop well at all, especially in a multiway pot, and that is most probably what you will get. One call will probably induce at least another to call as well.

I personally don't like my chances too much with 88 in this spot. I might just limp as well and hope to see the flop for 1BB, and then pray for a set.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      the main problem is their ranges of limping, that was something i was thinking , but anway everything what is not suited 99+ i am +EV, so the issue is also, with what would they call me? I was thinking also on some old hand evaluation where some judge (i dont remember who) said that in such situations +3 limpers is better to push then call or raise in such position, as the main point is to put limpers out as they would think you have JJ+...
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i know its not exactly +EV, but i would probably push with 2/3 limpers, but with 6 i'm less inclined to do so.

actually with just 16.5BB, i would probably push with 1 limper.
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      isnt the point that because there are more limpers that there is more dead money and secondly everyone will be afraid to fearing a monster behind.

What do we do if we overlimp and there is a std raise behind and 2 callers ?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Fold is 0EV
      Call is +EV
      Raising is already ++EV
      Shoving is more +++EV if not the same EV as raising normally.

Thing is there is 7.5bb of deadmoney floating around and if you flip, you are winning money just because of that in the long run.

SUrely there are people limpy dimpying with monsters but also with broadways, lower PPs and stuff.

With <20bb I auto-shove this for value

- Gerv