[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKo

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      CO is 50/14. Button is 19/11 - is also multitabling (but not so many he will be playing robotic) and seems quite agressive (though I only have 124 hands on him). Also 3-bets 5%.

His raise preflop looks like isoraise - he had made this a few times against when CO limped. Now, because he seems like a reg his 4-bet size had me wondering here. We don't have much hand history so its not like he can be exploiting me in interpreting this as a weak 4-bet (I will have to consider from now on tho i I think if i play him again). But yeah I thought his 4-bet looks like JJ-KK maybe - a hand he hopes I just flat with I think. I also think he will fold these a lot (tho not KK) [I think he would raise bigger with AA seen as he seems to tend to the more aggresive side, yes?]

So with this and the fact that my hand is often not dead against his range is this ok? I think it is 5-bet or fold here right?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $12.71
      BB:
      $10.80
      MP3:
      $10.15
      CO:
      $3.80
      BU:
      $22.70

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.35, 2 folds, BU raises to $2.80, Hero raises to $12.76, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.95.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Completely standard on your part, but i disagree with his range. I think he just has complete garbage in that spot. His range for isolating the limper is going to be huge and it's a prime spot for you to 3bet bluff and most tags recognize that these days. If he even decides to 4bet-bluff with 5% of this isoraising range he's still going to be bluffing more often than he's 4-betting for value. If he tanked before folding maybe you made him fold TT-JJ, maybe. But i doubt it, he might just have been hollywooding a bit.

This ~min4bet crap late position vs blinds looks like it's been spreading lately, i've seen it as high as nl50 for the time being. Now, next time he does that just completely assume he's always bluffing and jam trash, he might be making it this size with everything. But you can definitely felt JJ+/AK in that spot, and probably err on the tight side if you see him make a huge 4bet.

Hope it helps.