[NL2-NL10] SB vs BB (deep stack) - Rush Poker

• prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,
      well, i would be interested to read your opinion on how i played this hand... i think it might have been a mistake not to lead out on the turn with a 1/2 pot sized bet. Somehow i got scared by that Kh (and that BB is deep and the FD)... What are your thoughts?

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $12.41
      MP3:
      $2.38
      CO:
      $2.68
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB (Hero):
      $4.78
      BB:
      $8.73
      UTG1:
      $1.89
      UTG2:
      $2.82
      MP1:
      $5.65

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.4) 3, 6, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.2) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.55, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.2.
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      On the flop I think I prefer to bet slighty smaller - like $0.4 just because sure there is flush draw there but other than that that board hasn't hit his likely range v.hard and so I don't want to lose value and betting for protection is overated imo.

On turn I like the check - but I call that bet since there are still some hands which you are ahead of which he decides to bet with and just hope that he will check behind on river. If he bets again on the river it kinda sucks and then I probably fold.

By the way, when you say deep - just like 175BB isn't deep imo esp in rush - remember people will often just stay in the rush lobby for ages so I really wouldn't read into this much. Remember even the bad players can win money sometimes :P
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      On the flop I think I prefer to bet slighty smaller - like $0.4 just because sure there is flush draw there but other than that that board hasn't hit his likely range v.hard and so I don't want to lose value and betting for protection is overated imo.

On turn I like the check - but I call that bet since there are still some hands which you are ahead of which he decides to bet with and just hope that he will check behind on river. If he bets again on the river it kinda sucks and then I probably fold.

By the way, when you say deep - just like 175BB isn't deep imo esp in rush - remember people will often just stay in the rush lobby for ages so I really wouldn't read into this much. Remember even the bad players can win money sometimes :P
      I think potting the flop is ok at microstakes, people won't care all that much whether you make it $0.4 or $0.3.

The turn could go both ways, personally i'll usually be bet/folding it for value against Jx and hands that have a heart in them somehow. If it's a minraise i'll call it and be wary even on a heart river since the Q-high flush might not be enough, maybe i'll bet/fold it since worse flushes could check behind and people will rarely shove with less than the nut flush.

amplifyd made good points tho, his arguments are sound. Me "disagreeing" slightly is more a matter of style than anything else.

Hope it helps.