Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.06
      MP1:
      $6.64

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.16, MP1 raises to $0.56, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.18) K:diamond: , J:spade: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, MP1 raises to $1.68, Hero calls $1.12.

Turn: ($4.54) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero raises $2.82 (All-In), MP1 calls $2.82.

River: ($10.18) 8:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.18

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Ac Kh)
      MP1 shows a pair of aces (Ah Ad)

MP1 wins with a pair of aces (Ah Ad)
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I really hate to call a 3bet with AKo out of position, when you hit something and the money goes in against a tag you're splitting/dead unless he's insane. Depending on whether you think MP1 is tight or not, either 4bet/jam it or just plain fold it when he 3bets you MP1vsUTG2. I'd lean towards folding, especially since the 3bet was huge.

As played on the flop sadly you're bluff-catching mostly, i'd start by check/calling to give him a chance to both c-bet worse hands if he has them or check them back and call a bet from me with them on later streets. When you donk out you're assuming he'll either raise or call with worse hands, he might not do any of that. Likely he calls once with Jx if he even has that and QQ, all the rest will either fold or has you beat unless he's capable of bluff-raising, which again is a long shot.

As played when he raises it's sad, but you put yourself in a spot where you're beat almost always really barring a read that he's nuts. I'd fold at that point and cut the losses it's not worth it. If for some reason you think you induced something just call him down, it's no use shoving into him on the turn.

Hope it helps.
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      very good comment , thanks again