Known players:
      BB:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $10.05
      SB (Hero):
      $10.55

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K.
      BU folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.8) 7, J, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.57, BB calls $0.57.

Turn: ($1.94) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($2.54) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $2.54.

Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(Qc Kc).
      BB shows a pair of sevens(Qs 7d).

BB wins with a pair of sevens(Qs 7d).

I'm really lost here, how should I react on these minbets. They drive me crazy. I never know if they have something. Seems cbet these days means shit, they will call u with mid-bot pairs and bet after u check or call your turn bet as well. Even if you hit your TP and decide to check river, they bet out and you have to guess if he has shit or not. My nonshowdown winnings hit rock bottom. I lost so many BI and i think half of them is from losing my cbets.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think calling is fine there, you can be ahead of some draws and your top pair outs are good some of the time too.

A bad red line for microstakes isn't that uncommon, mostly because it's hard to semibluff people off of anything, so it's mostly a valuebetting game. But if i had to guess most of your problems lie in your turn play. You tend to choose to put yourself into guessing spots by checking it unless you have the mortal nuts, against players you have no reads on whatsoever.

C-bet a bit less on wet textures and against players who simply don't like folding until you know you can profitably 2nd barrel, and by all means just bet out on the turn every time you have a decent top pair, instead of giving a green light to your opponent for checking behind stuff that you beat and valuetown you with stuff that beats you.

Hope it helps.