This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10FR KK fold, interesting hand

• Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.82
      BB:
      $19.93
      UTG1:
      $14.27
      UTG2:
      $10.15
      MP1:
      $5.33
      MP2:
      $9.85
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $11.63
      BU (Hero):
      $10.15

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.20, Hero calls $1.20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($3.75) Q, 5, 6 (3 players)
      MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $2.00, MP2 folds, CO raises to $10.43, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.75.

Ok, now this hand, my friends told me I'm an idiot that didn't call down. While it's true that in SH I would call all day long, but I think in FR at this situation I had a feeling I was beat. Would he really ship it in with JJ AQ 1010 here? I think it's more likely AA or QQ. I even prefer QQ, since he's so confident that checks shoves.

I decided to call here and ship it in on no ace board. But his check shove confused me. If he were to cbet, I would have shipped it in.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just 4bet and get it in preflop.

As played against an unknown i'm not folding postflop even to that check/shove, for all we know he doesn't put us on KK+ because we didn't 4-bet and he's playing AQ like the nuts or something. Or maybe he felt our 1/2 bet was weakness and decided to check/jam AK, who knows. I wouldn't have folded KK preflop anyway, so it's not like i'm loosing anything more then i would have when he has AA.

Hope it helps.