clearing full tilt bonus fast

• thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      hi, ive yust deposited 450$ at full tilt, with a 100% sign up bonus. what is the quickest way to clear it with a good bankroll management ?. i have about four months to clear it. shall i go for sit n goes ? multitable cash games ?. i think it will be hard for me to clear the whole bonus.

thanks for helping me out
  • 8 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I've just done the same thing. You shouldn't stress about clearing a bonus asap. Play the game you enjoy and use good BRM. The bonus will come in due time.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Rush Poker is going to most likely give you the most hands per hour, but you should play it with a 50BI at the absolute minimum. It's a bit higher variance than the same type of ring game.
    • thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      thank you for replies

why is variance higher in rush ?,

but my question where what game is best for clearing bonus ?, im not very intrested in playing rush poker because it is hard to get reads on people when you change tables all the time
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Well, "hard to get reads" is an understatement :) But there is no way of saying "this is the best to clear the bonus", as it all depends on your personal performance.

If you choose a style that doesn't suit you, you are less likely to produce sufficient rake.

Hadi
    • boyadzhiev
      boyadzhiev
      Bronze
      Play NL50 SSS on 16 tables and you will generate enormous amounts of rake -> clear the bonus fast.
    • thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      in my opinion there is hard to get reads on people that you play only one hand with, then to move on to a new table. So there is no games that go faster to clear bonuses with than others?
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      playing at cash table clear bonus faster than SnG,
      and of course, the higher the limit - the faster it is
    • Catinthewall
      Catinthewall
      Bronze
      Passing on a bit of advice I was given, and could have followed better:
      Playing good poker with no bonus on NL2 will earn you more money than playing bad poker with a bonus on NL50.
      If you want to play for all of the bonus, you'll need to 8table 10 hours a day on NL10 for the entire time.
      SSS is great for bonusleeching at NL20+ but if you're not used to playing with that much money, the stress will kill your bankroll.

One strategy I'd suggest is keeping track of your winnings seperately from your bonus, and set aside 10-25% of it to a practice fund.
      When you've built up enough, try a higher limit with the allotment. If you profit, pat yourself on the back, stand up and add the bonus to your bank and the experience to your head.

Whatever you do, remember that the bonus is temporary. This doesn't mean you should rush and play all of the time and burn out. poker is like a tightrope walk, and the bonus is the bar that makes it easier for you to balance. It'll make falling harder, you'll have to turn right and walk until you've hit pavement. Carry it with you, but only rely on it when you need to, because they'll take it away at the end of the first act.

If you haven't yet, read all of the BSS articles you can get your hands on, here and elsewhere. BSS is where it's at. SSS is tic tac toe, easy to master, but you'll rarely do better than breaking even. BSS is Chess. Impossible to truely master perfectly, but with work, anyone can understand the basic and "advanced" strategies, and win against beginners.