Hello all, new member here...

• totoandmoto
      totoandmoto
      Bronze
      INTRO: I am nice 27 years old guy from Latvia, Baltic States, Europe. I found your website somehow surfing around and I liked it with my first impression. Now I am a member here who have received 50usd starting capital...

My current poker knowledge (personal thoughts): I can play small SNG tournaments with overall profit.. I am playing 45 and 90 people tournaments at pokerstars.com and have built my bankroll from $10 to $50 within my first 2 months of online poker.. have played some 30 tournaments at pokerstars.com won 5, was in money 10+ times, i guess.. Before joining here I did not have a schedule for improvement not even a plan.. In fact I was just fooling around... before online poker I have played once-twice a week with my friends in a real life... I have read a few poker books but without big dedication and concentration.

FREE TIME: Currently I am very free person so I can dedicate a lot of my time to poker. I am planning to play 3 hours (lets say 7000-8000 hands) a day plus read articles 1 hours a day... Is it enough for a good start????

MONEY: I have a lot of free money, I could deposit a lot but my IDEA is that I want to build up my bankroll and my skill from a scratch... I have already made a small improvement... :)

GOALS: I want to see/feel that I can make STEADY income from online poker. Amount is not that important, I want to see positive tendency. It would be nice if after 2-3 months I could earn 300usd/month and lets say after 6 months - 500usd in a month... Is it real? :)

DREAMS: 1) unreal dream: to sit at WSOP final table - at least once in a life :)
      2) smaller dream: to become a good poker player and earn $3000 a month - within 1-3 years

PROBLEM: I dont know where and HOW exactly to start my improvement. What programms do I need etc, should I start with small cash games etc? I have my PC full or all kind of poker ebooks and articles but I make such a mess... I need some system and schedule here..

another problem is that I have to choose between earning few thousands a month in real life or dedicate that time to poker - for the sake of future :) . Big plus to poker is that I do LIKE that game and straight income is not that important because I have a lot of free money.

SUMMARY: I want to became a respectable and helpful member in this society. I want to imporve my game and help others, I fact I want everybody here to be happy :) It would be great if I could make a new friends here as well..

Thanks for reading my first post,
      Ervins
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey totoandmoto,

First of all, Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the community.

Nice read mate. Seems like you are really serious about this and ready to have a real shot at it. Good luck and I wish you the best.

Now, what to do???

Firstly you were asking what you should play.
      You should play whatever you feel comfortable and enjoy the most. If you enjoy poker and want to learn as much as possible, money will come with this.

So, this bring me to your money goals. IMO, don't worry about money goals about how much you want to earn in 5 weeks, 1 year or 15 years. Just learn and enjoy the game and it will all come together.

But in saying this, you'll need to set yourself a good BRM (Bankroll Management). This will be highly dependent on what you decide to play. All BRM articles are available in the specific type of game you choose to play.

For software, I suggest PokerStrategy.com Elephant/PokerTracker3 or Hold'em Manager.
      The 2 later software's are to be bought for a price but they do have trials for 60days or so. But with Elephant, this is free on behalf of PokerStrategy.com when you receive 1000PS points. But, don't worry about all this atm. Just learnt he game first.

Other than that, welcome again and if you have any questions, we at PokerStrategy.com will be happy to help along with the friendly people in our forums.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Awesome intro fella!

Study, study, study, play some, then study and you'll do fine.

Oh, and +1 what jk88 said. :f_grin:
    • geminicute
      geminicute
      Bronze
      hello there.im a newbie too in onlinepoker.and im glad that i was able to get the 50usd free starting capital here.i can play poker any time during the day coz i work at night.and im happy that slowly but surely i was able to buildup that 50usd.just read some poker strategies by books or by net which i usually do and sit and play at the game that suites you comfortably.goodluck and wish you all the best.oh dont forget to learn from your mistakes:)