its time to live my online poker dream

• totoandmoto
      totoandmoto
      Bronze
      Hello friends... as I am very motivated and determined to start my poker career with pokerstrategy.com I will try to run my own blog here... I will post here all stuff what I do each day from the very beginning... I will post what articles I red, how much hands played, income/loses from my playing sessions etc...

I would be really happy If some would follow and post replies..

DAY 1:

working/filling pokerstars.com school last test (I have done others before)
      trying to set up elephant and red all articles including bronze level for cash games...
  • 3 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello totoandmoto,

It's good to see you starting a blog as it's an excellent way to see your progress as a poker player over time.

Good luck and i wish you all the best,
      -Steve
    • totoandmoto
      totoandmoto
      Bronze
      today red all articles about NL SSS stategy and thought to play one session... and results are just terrible: 1 lost 3 buy-ins for $2 and walked away with one 2.5+usd :) :) BIG BIG loses for first session - less that 1 hour.. I played 3 tables on pokerstars.com

I can not post hands because I cant get that elephant running.. yesterday I had problem with database.. today I does not run at all saying it is not a valid win32 application :)

I do remember all hands so I will post a small recap here:

1) Raised with AJo in CO possition after 3 have called.. big bild called my raise... flop came: 6s Jd 8c... of course I raised with AJo.. he called.. on turn come 10s.. I bet all in - as SSS states - he turns over AK and wins - that was bust nr1

2) I raised in middle possition with 55... all folds until biggest stack who reraises.. all folds.. action to me.. I though he has some 2 big card and wants to steal my pot because I was smallest at the table... so I went all-in with 55 - he had AA ... this was my mistake I know that but that was 2nd bust

3) in big blind I had J9o.. one opponent called... flop came amazing to me - already made hidden straight.. 10 8 7... I checked.. he bets normal bet... I call... turn comes 4 (no flush draw at the table).. he bets again... I call... last card another 7.. he bets all in - of course I call.. he turns over FH with 888-77... this was tipical crap in poker where I was far stronger with my hidden straight over his 888 after the flop but river made him FH! just frustration nothing more :)

first session is really bad.. i am frustrated and I see loosing all my money with this SSS strategy... elephant is not working at all.. I have more questions about that than answers and i think i would have played with at least smaller loses with my own style that SSS - waiting for some certain big cards and then showing all-in or big raises just on some kind of mathematical odds over a long time...

All but frustrating first expierence and I see losing all my money with this SSS strategy.. now I am taking a break.. will not play that crap today anymore! Thanks!!!
    • totoandmoto
      totoandmoto
      Bronze
      one more thing.. it is just a my point of view... on pokerstars.com I did not see any fish or poor players.. only poor player there was me :)

it seems to me that all there play like a bots and all uses all kind of software... flop % is nearly 20% at all tables where I could buy-in$2.. all are very good players.. at least for me - at the very beggining.. so I am just wondering how they play at higher limits... I did not see anyone (ok maybe 10% that did not how to play).. I do not see anything promising here for me at least after day 1!