This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

its time to live my online poker dream

• totoandmoto
      totoandmoto
      Bronze
      Hello friends... as I am very motivated and determined to start my poker career with pokerstrategy.com I will try to run my own blog here... I will post here all stuff what I do each day from the very beginning... I will post what articles I red, how much hands played, income/loses from my playing sessions etc...

I would be really happy If some would follow and post replies..

DAY 1:

working/filling pokerstars.com school last test (I have done others before)
      trying to set up elephant and red all articles including bronze level for cash games...
  • 3 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello totoandmoto,

It's good to see you starting a blog as it's an excellent way to see your progress as a poker player over time.

Good luck and i wish you all the best,
      -Steve
    • totoandmoto
      totoandmoto
      Bronze
      today red all articles about NL SSS stategy and thought to play one session... and results are just terrible: 1 lost 3 buy-ins for $2 and walked away with one 2.5+usd :) :) BIG BIG loses for first session - less that 1 hour.. I played 3 tables on pokerstars.com

I can not post hands because I cant get that elephant running.. yesterday I had problem with database.. today I does not run at all saying it is not a valid win32 application :)

I do remember all hands so I will post a small recap here:

1) Raised with AJo in CO possition after 3 have called.. big bild called my raise... flop came: 6s Jd 8c... of course I raised with AJo.. he called.. on turn come 10s.. I bet all in - as SSS states - he turns over AK and wins - that was bust nr1

2) I raised in middle possition with 55... all folds until biggest stack who reraises.. all folds.. action to me.. I though he has some 2 big card and wants to steal my pot because I was smallest at the table... so I went all-in with 55 - he had AA ... this was my mistake I know that but that was 2nd bust

3) in big blind I had J9o.. one opponent called... flop came amazing to me - already made hidden straight.. 10 8 7... I checked.. he bets normal bet... I call... turn comes 4 (no flush draw at the table).. he bets again... I call... last card another 7.. he bets all in - of course I call.. he turns over FH with 888-77... this was tipical crap in poker where I was far stronger with my hidden straight over his 888 after the flop but river made him FH! just frustration nothing more :)

first session is really bad.. i am frustrated and I see loosing all my money with this SSS strategy... elephant is not working at all.. I have more questions about that than answers and i think i would have played with at least smaller loses with my own style that SSS - waiting for some certain big cards and then showing all-in or big raises just on some kind of mathematical odds over a long time...

All but frustrating first expierence and I see losing all my money with this SSS strategy.. now I am taking a break.. will not play that crap today anymore! Thanks!!!
    • totoandmoto
      totoandmoto
      Bronze
      one more thing.. it is just a my point of view... on pokerstars.com I did not see any fish or poor players.. only poor player there was me :)

it seems to me that all there play like a bots and all uses all kind of software... flop % is nearly 20% at all tables where I could buy-in$2.. all are very good players.. at least for me - at the very beggining.. so I am just wondering how they play at higher limits... I did not see anyone (ok maybe 10% that did not how to play).. I do not see anything promising here for me at least after day 1!