postgreSQL reinstall problem solved

• blankcheque
      blankcheque
      Bronze
      Having problems reinstalling postgreSQL; forgotten password?
      This could be your answer if you running windows XP.

1, go to start menu (bottom left of screen)
      2, under run type cmd (press enter)
      3, on screen that pops up type net user postgres postgres
      4, run installer again

This did not work for me still think i have a firewall issue, but i have read a forum post on postgreSQL website where it has worked for many people. Hope you have success because i am tearing my hair out and about to jump off a cliff
  • 7 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      What seems to be the problem for you? I had quite a bit of trouble with postgres myself so maybe I can point you in the right direction...
    • Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      Post your problem, we're here to help.

Try this:
      http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT3/docs/PokerTracker3_Manual_Uninstall_Reinstall_PostgreSQL.pdf

I know its a PT3 manual, but it is for Postgres SQL. Follow it and you can't go wrong.

Only time you may still have a problem is if you changed from the default usernames and passwords, if you did simply replace the defaults with yours.
    • blankcheque
      blankcheque
      Bronze
      Was using holdemmanager on a trial. everything worked mine i didnt have to enter any username or password. Tried using elephant cant connect to database, same with pokertracker3. Have tried postgres username and dbpass for password and it does not work. I uninstalled elephant and postgreSQL 8.4 and tried to reinstall, now that wont even reinstall correctly. so do not know wot to do next. Thanks for any help in advance
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Ok. What you need to do now is completely remove the old installation before you install the new one. That includes uninstalling postgres, manually deleting the folder and removing the user account (you can do that either in windows account settings or manually- search HEM Forum or google it).
      Once you get rid of the old install you should be able to reinstall without any trouble.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Or just use the correct password postgrespass

This is the default password when installing Postgres with Holdemmanager
    • blankcheque
      blankcheque
      Bronze
      Installing postgres through the official site or pokertracker3 did not work for me. reinstalled holdemmanager even though my trial expired ( that downloads postgreSQL anyway). Result successful installation. Entered postgrespass as password that worked. Success!!! after many many many many hours. Now using pt3 on a trail although think hem is better. Thanks netsrak also and LuborC
    • Titicamara
      Titicamara
      Bronze
      IT really works. Thanks alot for the tip.