This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Overpair +flush draw on turn against possible beat

• Katu1900
      Katu1900
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.42
      UTG2:
      $0.99
      MP1 (Hero):
      $7.10
      MP2:
      $5.74
      MP3:
      $5.48
      CO:
      $2.14
      BU:
      $2.20
      SB:
      $4.26

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) K, 4, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP2 raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.20, MP2 calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.87) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP2 raises to $4.34(All-In), Hero calls $2.84.

River: ($11.55) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.55.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows a full-house, fours full of twos(4 4).
      Hero shows a flush, ace high(A A).

MP2 wins with a full-house, fours full of twos(4 4).

when i got reraised all in on turn, i was sure i got beat. the question is, do i have equity to call that bet? the pot was to big and im commited i think. Also, my line of hand is messed up? Could i have played this hand diferent?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Please hide the results next time :)

I think your flop line is fine without reads, i'd 3bet a little bigger tho.

As played on the turn if he had a flushdraw he has you beat now, if he had a set he still has you beat, if he had Kx he'll be inclined to fold it unless he has a big spade to go with it, so you're not clearly betting for value. Also, betting and getting shoved on with a redraw to the nuts would suck. You can actually check/call at that point, especially since he made a minraise on the flop chances are he's no good at sizing bets correctly, he might be like $0.5 and let you redraw cheap.

As played when he shoves and you get 3:1 pot odds you likely have to call it off with your redraw, on the off-chance he can have Kx with a spade and other non-nut hands in that spot, even if he has a set/flush you have some outs. Just remember the tighter MP2 looks, the less you want to put yourself into that spot to begin with, so consider check/calling.

Hope it helps.