This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AKo, blind battle

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($2.62)
      Button ($0.83)
      SB ($3.18)
      Hero (BB) ($5.69)
      UTG ($3.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
      3 folds, SB calls $0.02, Hero bets $0.12, SB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24) 10, 2, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.72) K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.36, Hero raises to $0.80, SB calls $0.44

River: ($2.32) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.72, Hero raises to $4.53 (All-In), SB calls $1.30 (All-In)

Total pot: $6.36 | Rake: $0.42
      Unknown opponent, kinda fishy tag (but not a real tag) that plays too much out of position

1st of all some might start with my 3bb raise. I justify that with the fact that I always blind steal with 3bb raise (from BU, SB and BB against complete), because it makes my cbet smaller if I don't hit; if I steal with bad hand I get away cheaper AND it's pretty much the same if I hit - I have more than enough time to get it all in on the turn and river.

Now that that's done, my main question is about this flop. Should I raise? I didn't raise, because I was putting him on AT LEAST a 60% range for completing the SB (maybe -10/15% for calling the raise), and against that I'm a slight favorite on the flop, around 55% I think.

I decide to call, because he will often misses the flop and I'm in position with 2 over cards that are usually good. If he was to check on a blank I would bet and get away from aggression, but as it turned out and I hit my TPTK I do my best to get it all in, although it might have completed a two pair for him.

Any better plays possible? Mainly on the flop and on the river.
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I think I would call on flop too. But since he has potted it I would be tempted to think he has actually caught a piece of this board. On turn I raise bigger - since I think this small raise gives away too much about your hand and for value.

River is werid. He has lead out on three streets now so he probably does have a ok hand - don't put him on draw too much of time since does he really think that sized bet would make you fold ---> no. I would probably just call on the river I think although shoving is fine too imo.
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Bronze
      It turned out to be 73, so he rivered me :P
      I think I should start calling more with TPTK, because that's where I loose most of my money >.> I can just never make my mind when playing that kind of hands :/
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well i have a different take on the preflop stuff, I don't think that guy really cares whether it's 3bb or 4bb, and it's always better to play a bigger pot with position against a fish with a premium hand. What if we could get the money in in 2 streets against draws, instead of having to force them to fold with an overbet? What if he's pissed at our raise and decides to 4-bet SBvsBB, he'll loose less money bluffing then he would have had we raised bigger.

Postflop is okay considering the stack sizes, maybe make it $0.95 on the turn to be able to jam the river easier. His line makes no sense whatsoever on the river, i'm also shoving.

Hope it helps.