[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AKo, blind battle

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($2.62)
      Button ($0.83)
      SB ($3.18)
      Hero (BB) ($5.69)
      UTG ($3.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
      3 folds, SB calls $0.02, Hero bets $0.12, SB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24) 10, 2, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.72) K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.36, Hero raises to $0.80, SB calls $0.44

River: ($2.32) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.72, Hero raises to $4.53 (All-In), SB calls $1.30 (All-In)

Total pot: $6.36 | Rake: $0.42
      Unknown opponent, kinda fishy tag (but not a real tag) that plays too much out of position

1st of all some might start with my 3bb raise. I justify that with the fact that I always blind steal with 3bb raise (from BU, SB and BB against complete), because it makes my cbet smaller if I don't hit; if I steal with bad hand I get away cheaper AND it's pretty much the same if I hit - I have more than enough time to get it all in on the turn and river.

Now that that's done, my main question is about this flop. Should I raise? I didn't raise, because I was putting him on AT LEAST a 60% range for completing the SB (maybe -10/15% for calling the raise), and against that I'm a slight favorite on the flop, around 55% I think.

I decide to call, because he will often misses the flop and I'm in position with 2 over cards that are usually good. If he was to check on a blank I would bet and get away from aggression, but as it turned out and I hit my TPTK I do my best to get it all in, although it might have completed a two pair for him.

Any better plays possible? Mainly on the flop and on the river.
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I think I would call on flop too. But since he has potted it I would be tempted to think he has actually caught a piece of this board. On turn I raise bigger - since I think this small raise gives away too much about your hand and for value.

River is werid. He has lead out on three streets now so he probably does have a ok hand - don't put him on draw too much of time since does he really think that sized bet would make you fold ---> no. I would probably just call on the river I think although shoving is fine too imo.
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      It turned out to be 73, so he rivered me :P
      I think I should start calling more with TPTK, because that's where I loose most of my money >.> I can just never make my mind when playing that kind of hands :/
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well i have a different take on the preflop stuff, I don't think that guy really cares whether it's 3bb or 4bb, and it's always better to play a bigger pot with position against a fish with a premium hand. What if we could get the money in in 2 streets against draws, instead of having to force them to fold with an overbet? What if he's pissed at our raise and decides to 4-bet SBvsBB, he'll loose less money bluffing then he would have had we raised bigger.

Postflop is okay considering the stack sizes, maybe make it $0.95 on the turn to be able to jam the river easier. His line makes no sense whatsoever on the river, i'm also shoving.

Hope it helps.