Stack
      Hero:
      $2,00
      UTG2:
      $1,81
      MP3:
      $4,74

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , T:diamond:
      UTG2 raises to $0,04, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,04, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,02.

Flop: ($0,13) J:diamond: , 8:diamond: , T:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,06, UTG2 calls $0,06, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($0,25) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,20, UTG2 calls $0,20.

River: ($0,65) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,70 (All-In), UTG2 folds.

Final Pot: $2,35
      To aggro on the river,i think i jumped the gun here,i could of gotten more money.... :f_confused:
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Pot the flop it's super drawy, pot the turn again. Already by doing that the pot by the river will be much bigger.

Actually as played i don't hate you overbet that much, if he has a J he's never folding it, if he slowplayed a lower boat somehow he's not folding either, if he has some busted diamonds or 9x he's not calling no matter how small you make it and we're certainly not going to check/call without knowing if he can even bluff, if he has Tx he's probably folding too. So overall the bet sizing isn't that important unless you think that fish can make hero folds, but i doubt it.

That being said it's important to recognize WHY an overbet is okay here, so that you don't do it in spots where most of your value will come from weak hands instead of nutted hands.

Hope it helps.