Stack
      Hero:
      $10,08
      MP3:
      $1,64
      CO:
      $1,00

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:spade: , J:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0,03.
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0,08, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,22) K:spade: , A:diamond: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0,22) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0,22) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,22, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,44

I so wanted to call the river bet.....i think i should have contibet,but he wouldn't have folded..
      What do you think,good play here?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends how often villain folds on the flop. If he's capable of folding underpairs and hands that completely whiffed it can be good to just take it down right there, especially if you can't bluff-catch with your underpair because 1/ he doesn't bluff ever 2/ he never stops bluffing once he starts so you'd need to commit to 3 streets. However he's just calling the flop with anything regardless, you're just going to dump money into him since you'll have to check/fold sooner or later, so not c-betting might be wise.

As played on the river he's saying he has Ax/Kx/JT/busted spades/complete air, i guess it depends what you think makes sense considering his line. He looks like a maniac, so him NOT betting flop and turn is actually weird. Why wouldn't he bet air when checked to? Most likely he would. Would he bet draws? I think so, tho every fish is different. I don't think i'd believe him for Ax unless he's a slowplaying idiot. Kx is possible but even that i have trouble believing he wouldn't bet at some point.

Your call i guess, you could be ahead, it's relatively cheap and it could tell you a lot on your most likely source of income at that table, it's probably worth the look up.

Hope it helps.