This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJo, SB Complete, Multiway pot

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($11.44)
      BB ($10.02)
      UTG ($1.85)
      UTG+1 ($1.70)
      UTG+2 ($12.78)
      MP1 ($12.08)
      MP2 ($9.45)
      MP3 ($6.83)
      CO ($13.02)
      BTN ($0.77)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, fold, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

FLOP ($0.60) 4:club: K:heart: K:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks

TURN ($0.60) 4:club: K:heart: K:diamond: J:spade:

Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $1.70, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero folds

Any reason to continue after he shows aggression?
  • 4 replies
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      I would be suggesting either fold or raise pre. If the four limpers are tighter players then raising here on occasion will kick out a few of them and a cbet gets the job done a lot of times. But once you complete how can you ever know where you stand multi way even if you catch a piece? You didnt so its cf from here even though its checked around.
      People like to slow play and this guy definitely has a King.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i was just playing my AJ according to the SHC, but if i was shortstacking (like i usually do) AJ is of coz an ez shove here.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Raising preflop with this hand OOP with this many limpers just gets you into bad spots imo. I would rather complete and look to flop something big (two pair+). I think I would rather just check the turn - too easy for someone to have a K. If you do bet, I would bet much less - 1/2 pot is ok imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      Raising preflop with this hand OOP with this many limpers just gets you into bad spots imo. I would rather complete and look to flop something big (two pair+). I think I would rather just check the turn - too easy for someone to have a K. If you do bet, I would bet much less - 1/2 pot is ok imo.
      I agree. I'd definitely bet there and go for 2 streets unless raised, if there were only like 3 people in the pot. But as it is with 5 villains it's just too likely somebody is has Kx. Check behind the turn and try to get a valuebet in on J- rivers.

Hope it helps.