UTG ($11.41)
      Hero ($12.46)
      UTG+2 ($2.25)
      CO ($26.73)
      BTN ($10.41)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, CO calls $0.40, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.95) 7:club: 2:club: J:diamond:

Hero bets $0.70, CO raises to $2, Hero ???

By far the most solid player on the table. Honestly, i'm kinda scared of him, he definitely has the edge over me and could possibly be exploiting it.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say on such a board, everything is possible. Plus you're slightly deep, which doesn't help.

If he's good he's bluffing there a bunch, he can also have some semi-bluffs, a set and even have called preflop with QQ+ with the intention of raising such boards for value. Whether you want to continue with the hand or not depends on how you weight these composite ranges, and what you think he'll do with them on various turns.

Easiest/safest way to play it is probably to call the flop and expect CO to shutdown on the turn if he doesn't have AJ beat. Most average tags will check behind a flushdraw or give up on a pure bluff at that point, so when they bet it's not worth calling down.

If he's good he'll continue to bet with those hands also, in which case you need to decide whether he's enough of a pain in the ass for you to justify check/shoving a blank turn on him in that spot, even tho sometimes you're drawing dead. Even if that's the case it's not horrible, he'll probably cut you some slack in the future when he realizes you're not folding and can take such lines with top pairs against him.

Hope it helps.