SSS: A Warning to New Players?

• tokyoaces
      Full Tilt has changed. Poker Stars and Party have done everything but officially announce the change.

Who knows if iPoker and OnGame will follow or not, but once the big three go it will certainly put pressure on everyone else.

Shouldn't this be getting a little more official coverage around here?
  • 5 replies
    • justkyle88
      TBH I can't see it affecting us to much.
      What is stopping people to learn BSS at NL2?
      Or people playing $1 SNGs?
    • Navrark
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      TBH I can't see it affecting us to much.
      What is stopping people to learn BSS at NL2?
      Or people playing $1 SNGs?
      I think that maybe he is suggesting that a warning is placed in the SSS sections, in each of the articles related to SSS that it may become obsolete.

Maybe something like:

Please Note: Due to recent rule changes in the minimum stack size at Full Tilt Poker - and the soon to be identical changes coming at PartyPoker and PokerStars - SSS may soon cease to work. As such it is recommended by PokerStrategy that new players learn a different strategy.

• cryoburn
      I don't agree. People really willing to learn and progress will study other strategies and/or formats and/or variants.

Besides what's a poker player without a fundamental characteristic that is adaptation?
    • TheBu11d0g
      My own personal opinion is that at the moment pokerstars are just doing a survey to gain peoples thoughts with regards to the possibility on implementing certain ideas. It doesn't mean they are going to do it and it certainly doesn't mean that every other poker network will follow suit either.

At the moment there are plenty of other platforms where the SSS is still implementable should a beginner, or any other player, decide that is the route they wish to take. I personally don't see the need for a warning to be put in place regarding SSS as it is only just one room out of many at the moment.

If it got to the situation of it looking like every platform was going to implement the same changes as Full Tilt then i am confident that PokerStrategy would take the correct action for its members, whatever that may include.

As has been pointed out already, there are alternatives in place that a beginner would be able to implement should the worst happen.

Once again, this is my own personal opinion and does not reflect the thoughts of PokerStrategy.
    • Pasty92
      They may have changed the min buy in to stop people short stacking, but they also added short stack tables.

Also if you think your going to be a winning player just playing under a SSS then you are going to be unsuccessful, as to be a good and winning poker player you need more than one trick up your sleeve.

New players would do well, to learn SSS, BSS, and all other strategies, offered at pokerstrategy, and other sites.