Following BSS or SSS on "loose" limits

• Trbst
      Hi guys,

I wanted to ask something which I kinda don't get about either strategy as presented in the Startegy section.

On several occasions it is stated you should only have, say KK or AA (BSS) if there are two or more raises before you.

In my experience though (some 8K hands) I've noticed that players on NL10 and even NL25, raise 78s from MP2 and get reraised with KTo. I fold my, say AK and find myself playing against weak opponents. Sometimes it happens that I made a good decision to fold, but people on these limits are soo loose I believe I should be getting involved more often.

Also, frequently when i'm the preflop aggressor, and get called, and I'm in position on the flop with the player before me checking, I find myself C-bet bluffing and get called. Then it's either a suck out, or simply a raise later on when I check because my opponent didn't fold and I've missed.

This means that I should either never C-bet, go all in (or bet BIG) in order to avoid calling stations, and generally give up every hand that missed.

These two situations are seriously killing me and I was hoping I can get your advice on those...

• 2 replies
    • FIxeL2
      Well you don't call with less then AA KK ( I call with QQ as well though ) because you don't want to invest a lot of money for a gamble, you want to involve your self in situations only, where you can get the most out of them and have biggest chances to win. Off course, if the re-raise is very small or even a min raise, i think you should call and take a look at the flop, at least that is what i do.

Secondly, in my opinion, if you start to bluff, you shouldn't stop. If you start to bet at the flop ( bets should be 2/3 pot size, though some say 1/2, that you would be less pot committed ) bet at the turn and river. Off course you don't bluff if the board is draw heavy and if at the turn or river comes a possible flush or straight.
      And by the way, never show weakness when bluffing.
    • Trbst
      Hi and thanks for helping out...

What about position ? If I've raised PF and I'm on the BB, and the opponent is on the CU, when I miss the flop, there shouldn't be any point in bluffing even if the board is not draw heavy...whatcha think ?