This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ at BU

• tckb
      tckb
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $5.48
      MP3:
      $2.05
      CO:
      $5.05
      BU (Hero):
      $4.72
      SB:
      $13.04
      BB:
      $4.62
      UTG1:
      $6.26
      UTG2:
      $1.79
      MP1:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.15, MP1 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) 8, A, 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, MP1 raises to $1.20, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.22.

I fold is ok? Or should I call?
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Probably fold - he is reraising you so he likely has something that beats you imo. You have As so there aren't any huge draws really. And it's just too easy for him to have a set here imo.

Calling and reevaulating on the turn is also ok i suppose - but in my opinion if you feel uneasy about making the call now then I would rather fold since there is a v.high chance he continues betting.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's never easy to have a set, and even tho the limp/call preflop hints at a passive player you have no way of knowing he's not some aggro donk that would play spades/Ax like that.

Depends on what you've seen him do before i guess. If he's the aggressive kind mostly i'm not folding i'll call in position and shove over a turn bet on most turns. If he's been quite fit-or-fold, passive guy so far, it's probably best to leave him alone.

Hope it helps.
    • tckb
      tckb
      Bronze
      Thanks