[NL2-NL10] stupid mistake

• degnic
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     

0.10/0.35 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:club: , 8:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.35.
      UTG+1 calls $0.25, 4 folds, CO checks, BU folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.10) T:club: , 9:heart: , 4:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.50, UTG+1 raises to $1.00, CO folds, Hero calls $1.00, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($4.10) Q:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $2.57 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $2.57, Hero calls $0.07.

River: ($11.81) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $5, Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $21.81

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BB shows [ 9d, Td ] two pairs, Tens and Nines
      UTG+1 shows [ 4s, 9s ] two pairs, Nines and Fours
      Hero shows [ Jc, 8c ] a straight Eight to Queen
      Hero wins $9.50 USD with a straight, Eight to Queen.
      Hero wins $10.72 USD with a straight, Eight to Queen.

the flop leading villain had extremely low aggression factor and I never saw him raising, so coldcalled the flop minraise. Lead the turn but didn't see that other of the villains' went all in and the other one couldn't raise anymore. and ofcourse there comes a 3rd :heart: with river and I don't have the balls to raise his halfsizepot-bet anymore. Think I could've won so much more if I didn't lead that turn :(
  • 1 reply
    • Puschkin81
      Hi degnic!

I would bet more on the turn (~$3). There is a high probability that at least one of these guys has a flushdraw and you have to protect your hand so leading the turn is definitely not a mistake. The call on the river is ok.

Good luck at the tables!