• 3 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      Yes the min buyin on FT tables are now 35bb which won't allow you to play the 20bb SSS strategy.
    • slowshow
      Yes, and other rooms are enforcing the same in near future, like stars.

As i have read thru tonns and tonns of forum posts main idea behind this is that hordes of SSS players are forcing everyone to shortstack since playing fullstack other fullstacks while there are SSSers on table is money leak.

And fullstacks dont like to play 50min tables since fishes go to 20 bi cause it is DEFAULT bi. If DEFAULT would be 35 bi, fishes will go there. If bi is not lifted min50 bi is played by regs and fishy crazy nits, while min 20 bi tables are fishy and full of SSSers. So BSS players are not OK with this since they play regs not fishes.

It all boils down to this: everyone is forced to play preflop shove poker because of SSSers. Wheather they like it or not. Thats why rooms are doing counter SSS measures, cause it does make poker awkward and split it in 2 distant poker styles: SS and BS.

Anyways this is big debate, but SSSers are losing ground for sure. Some say that this is fullstacker enforced rule to get fishes in their nets. Some say that poker is more than SSS preflop shove-and-forget game. Some say that they dont care. Some say that this is because we are running out of fishes. Time will show.

One thing is clear: since SSSers are forced out of their rooms, they go to rooms with no enforced min >20 bi rules. And it leads to less and less profit for SSS in future since SSSing other SSSers is a slot machine play and profits.

Anyways im going BSS cause i feel need to learn some new stuff.
    • advola
      Fulltilt made a very important step to online poker
      in this change ...

My opinion about all this is that
      a player that is sure and confident of his play
      and his decitions will allways should play full stack to extract
      the max value - all the time ..
      There are times im wish i could buy in 200bb like the doubledup fish

player not sure of his play/decitions should play ss
      to "riduce damage" of any bad call or bet...

Also this habbits of how much you buy in can happends without a player think about it