[NL2-NL10] How should I play this hand ?

• sicazoRsb
      sicazoRsb
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $4.35
      BB (Hero):
      $8.37
      MP3:
      $4.81
      CO:
      $11.00
      BU:
      $4.15

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, CO calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.52) 3, 8, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, CO raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.60, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.72) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, CO raises to $3.50, Hero calls $1.75.

River: ($10.72) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.72.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd raise bigger preflop given that we're slightly deep with him and most limping fish don't care whether you make it 5bb or 7bb really.

As played there is no magic formula against the minraise, if anything the fact that this guy limp/called preflop would hint that he is on the passive side and probably not minraising with air postflop, but you never know. Regardless just calling seems a tad weak so i don't mind the 3bet unless you're pretty sure he's quite tight, in which case you don't really want to get it in anymore.

As played i'd check the turn, his line is consistent with a flushdraw when he calls your 3bet, and if we bet and get raised at that point it sucks to get blown off our redraw. If he had 8x or a set on the flop i don't get why he'd minraise that turn again.

As played on the river given how little sense his line makes i think you need to call that small river bet on the off-chance he's completely insane, you're getting more than 4:1.

Hope it helps.