This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Overpair dry board

• badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $10.10
      SB:
      $8.33
      BB:
      $8.45
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $24.68
      MP1:
      $11.37
      MP2:
      $4.95
      MP3:
      $5.16
      CO:
      $9.88

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.40, UTG2 calls $0.40, 6 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) T, 5, 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, UTG2 calls $1.00, BB raises to $3.00, Hero raises to $5.00, UTG2 folds, BB raises to $8.05, Hero calls $3.05.

Turn: ($18.35) J (2 players)

River: ($18.35) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.35.

Give up on the ch/r?
  • 2 replies
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      I think you should give up on the check raise. What kind of hands raise you on that flop? QQ/JJ I think call you down. AA could be trapping but is unlikely. 55/33 definately fit their range and I don't see anyone decent overplaying a 46/42 straight draw. Since a 5 hit the board I'm guessing villain had 33?

It's very very hard to fold a preflop premium in this type of boards, but without stats or reads, it's better to cut your losses and make tough folds IMO. With reads of villain(s) being a fish/maniac I'd definately go broke, but against an unknown that check raise looks very strong on a dry flop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If BB had a full stack i'd say he's likely a reg and i'd put him on a pocket pair every single time when he overcalls preflop, which means when he raises that board in that spot you're 2-outing all day long.

As it is, BB looks like he's not rebuying so he could be more on the fishy side. I don't mind either going broke or folding without further information. You're the one that has the reads ;) If he's some aggro fish go broke, if he's a passive fish or a reg you're dead most likely.

Hope it helps.