[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR TT @ BB - Rush Poker

• prg09

he raised from SB so i didn't really believe that this flop hit his range. This is rushpoker so he could quick-fold a worse hand...since i had an over pair, thought i might try to light 3-bet him. and he had a 70BB stack so i thought he might be a weaker player.what do u think about this line of thinking?

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, T.
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.3) 7, 5, 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.35, Hero raises to $0.70, SB calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.7) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.7) T (2 players)
      SB bets $1.66, Hero raises to $3.32, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.36.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think it's confusing :p I don't get your "since i had an overpair i thought i might try to light 3-bet him" at all. A light 3-bet as I understand it is a bluff, and you can't 3-bet him postflop since you're in position, so that would mean you're talking about preflop, yet you say you have an overpair, which makes no sense preflop ;)

I agree he seems fishy because he is stack size, so nobody knows what he's raising with there really. I'd probably 3-bet him for value preflop with TT and likely go broke with it regardless, but i don't mind calling.

Postflop that means either he's c-betting regardless of the texture or he's not really into c-betting at all, so he's stronger than expected on that flop. Still, with an overpair raising is fine, make it $1 tho, it's drawy as hell, you don't want to give him good odds regardless of what he has.

As played by all means bet/call that turn, you raised the flop putting him on a worse hand than TT, the turn changed nothing, so you're still ahead and you still need to bet for value against draws.

As played on the river obviously it's fine, looks like you got value from a busted draw, but you might have gotten the same value by betting the turn yourself, and possibly more if he had shoved on you at that point.

Hope it helps.