My personal had enough thread/memobank

• NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      It has gone so many months now that I just need to get it the fuck out somewhere I am so steamed while im typing this its not even close to funny + I got the flu which probably makes me more annoyed than I would normally be.

AAvsTT
      SETvs2pair
      KJvsQJ
      KKvsQQvs88
      AQvsA2
      KKvsA10
      TTvs33 AKvsJ7
      KKvsJJ
      99vsQ5
      QQvsJJ
      AJvsA9 AKvsQ10
      AAvsKK
      AQvs72

Mind you those last 3 hands happened within 9 hands. and obv made me exit the tournament the right way. But when you run like those hands show for around 5 months you should be allowed to get a bit frustrated.

wq3gmweå4hj9årahbmdoisxjre\+wj49hyåw0hkgå'r+w4ja+9wåhjdzhjoëjh09we+¨hjeohj0w+eah¨0warålhgresmnhjw4e9+åhæewr0hj¨+9zejh0+eahmo+earp!
      EDIT:
      KKvsAJ so fucking awesome I cant ever win those mother feagmjeån9esg 70/30 spots

2min later this ofc has to happen
      EDIT2: JJvs66vs87s

40min later
      EDIT3: QQvs55

1.35H later
      Edit4: AQvsKQ
  • 17 replies
    • Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      Dunno what to say maine,

that's a hell of a run - are you playing a freeroll :) ))

I think you should be grateful that people like that call and raise such hands though. In the long run this should payout, so if you're still with your wits till then you'll get it all back. If not, you'll have to get admitted to a psychiatric clinic (*joke*).

No seriously, it's just bad beats, chances are this can't happen all the time - eventually you'll start winning. That's at least IMHO but there's no math as per which you'd lose with these cards that many times against such opponents.

Regards
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      I never play freerolls, and I do love their plays I just dont love the way I have been running for the last 5 soon 6 months. It has just gotten to the point where I for the first time ever in poker really is close to tilting when I play.
      So I dont play very much these days cause I just cant take it atm.
      I know I will win eventually but it just feels like at the moment that everything I do right just gets overlooked by the "poker gods".

I would lie if I had said I have been running like that constantly for 6 months, cause there has actually been a handful of tourneys ive ran normal or just a little (not even notable) bellow expected where I have had good results, however, 6-7 tourneys out of prob 1k played for the last 6 months is not much. It has saved me from actually loosing total in that/this period.

Only positive thing I can try to think about while this is going on is I must be due for a series heater sooner or later :s_biggrin:
    • Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      Man I have the same problem - I play cash games and my raises get called with K6o, and I get sucked out way too frequently.

Maybe you should be raising a bit higher, but generally you should still be ahead. If you say that's been going on for 6 months more or less maybe you can get in touch with some of the PS coaches or really start posting hands in the respective section to get opinions.

What I mean is that no matter how lucky those players can get, you should still be ahead after 6 months if you got your game right...

Regards,
      T.
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice, but that is not my main problem.
      My problem is that I do check the shape im in every single time and use the Equity calculator with the exact hands that got played and WHEN I got the money in how big a favurite I was.
      It does not matter how I got into that spot when I got into that spot the % speaks for itself on how much of them I should be winning in those spots. I ofc could take way more cautious routes to control how much I loose preflop but I really dont see why I would do it when they call as light as they do, unless ofc you cant trust the preflop procentage, which I personally dont believe in.
      As far as I can see im just running insanely below what is expected.

Just to state 1 thing, I dont think I am the best or even close to the 30000th best. But those spots speak for themself when you actually think about the procentage imo.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I haven't looked at many of the hands you listed above but of the few I did check out I can say that shoving all-In preflop, first to act, for >20bb with any hand is always a mistake IMHO. What hands did you expect to be up against? Either one that is beating you or rubbish played by someone who dosent care if they go out "Because its JUST A FREEROLL". Just because you and a few others try to take it seriously and play good poker is no guarantee that any of the others on your table think the same. That sort of play is just asking to be called by rags as most freeroll players won't think you have a big hand or care either and will call with any picture card just to try to beat your AA - even more so if it is with any suited card. The idea seems to be to double up early or go out.

Yes you lost with the best hand a lot but so do other players (I have a reputation in my local league for getting my chips in with the best hand and losing).

If the equilator says you are 70% to win that also means that you are 30% to lose - and the cards have no memory. Just cause your AA got cracked the last 20 times, they are still only 85% to win HU pre flop the next time and there is that 15% chance they will be cracked again..

All you can do is give yourself the best chance to win by getting your chips in when you are ahead - the rest is up to the poker gods, or the cards, or the dealer, or lady luck ,or that slightly mouldy white rabbit paw in your pocket - whichever of the above you chose to rely on/blame.

If we all ran as well as expected there would be no downswing thread here just an upswing. If I ran according to my ALL-IN EV I should have nearly triple the BR I do at the moment but thats poker.

Gl in the future.
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fagin
      I haven't looked at many of the hands you listed above but of the few I did check out I can say that shoving all-In preflop, first to act, for >20bb with any hand is always a mistake IMHO. What hands did you expect to be up against? Either one that is beating you or rubbish played by someone who dosent care if they go out "Because its JUST A FREEROLL". Just because you and a few others try to take it seriously and play good poker is no guarantee that any of the others on your table think the same. That sort of play is just asking to be called by rags as most freeroll players won't think you have a big hand or care either and will call with any picture card just to try to beat your AA - even more so if it is with any suited card. The idea seems to be to double up early or go out.

Yes you lost with the best hand a lot but so do other players (I have a reputation in my local league for getting my chips in with the best hand and losing).

If the equilator says you are 70% to win that also means that you are 30% to lose - and the cards have no memory. Just cause your AA got cracked the last 20 times, they are still only 85% to win HU pre flop the next time and there is that 15% chance they will be cracked again..

All you can do is give yourself the best chance to win by getting your chips in when you are ahead - the rest is up to the poker gods, or the cards, or the dealer, or lady luck ,or that slightly mouldy white rabbit paw in your pocket - whichever of the above you chose to rely on/blame.

If we all ran as well as expected there would be no downswing thread here just an upswing. If I ran according to my ALL-IN EV I should have nearly triple the BR I do at the moment but thats poker.

Gl in the future.
      Ok since you obviously did NOT read what I answered that guy, I do NOT play freerolls EVER.

By freerolls I mean those that first price is an astounding 15 or 50$ first price.
      I will play freerolls that has a first place price that is actually worth sitting 8 hours for.

I play my opponent and as soon as I see their range for doing stuff and pick up a pattern I go with it 100% I dont care if its on the flop on the turn, river or preflop. Doesnt really matter cause I know where im at in the hand.

So what you actually are saying is it is not really that good getting it in with 70% preflop just because its preflop?

Best place to get it in good is preflop, my preflop play is good, I dont need much time to pick my tragets and know their range, then all you have to do is get an AK hand since I prob have picked up that any A preflop for that guy is the nuts, its as simple as that, AK against his range if I give him a "tight" range for that kinda player I have a 63-37% advantage on his entire range and mind you I give that guy a hell of a lot less hands in that range than he will go broke with (These are 1-5$ tourneys).

I change my game to a more postflop game when I play the "bigger" games 10$+ but there really isnt all that big a difference before you play the 20$ where you can actually try some fancy plays cause people has a clue on how to play the game (at least more than the 5% on the LVLs up to 10$).

Playing aggressive and trying out things in the small limits just doesnt work, people go broke once they see a pair on the flop in a raised pot, they just feel they have to much invested, which is why its so easy to get it in good against those guys.
      I see it all the time the boards are as drawy as hell BUT if its raised preflop they will go broke second pair top kicker on a board of 7s Js Ks against 2 opponents without even the redraw with the As. They are free money thats pretty much all they are (I play mostly at Pokerstars).
      That is why its so freaking annoying to run that bad for this long cause I dont care about the money, I do care about winning and winning the right way. It did not bother me the first 3 months it was like OK, it will change soon, cant keep happening. Then it was 2 outer after 2 outer after 2 outer after 2 outer on the river ALL THE TIME and my buddy I live with just shaked his head and said I should ask Pokerstars if that is actually supose to happen or if their was a bug somewhere ( obviously I know its variance, but it started to annoy me at that point).

So I finally made a thread to get my frustration out.

And just to make one thing perfectly clear I know enough of what I am doing to a be winning player over a 2 and a halfs year period (how long ive played for now)

Natural_Phe (Pokerstars) on Sharkscope for those none believers that thinks since they havent posted in the forum before and only has bronze they probably have no clue, I can feel the attitude (not so much in this thread but a few others ive posted in before).

Only reason I have not reached at the very least gold is simply because I had an Pokerstars account way before I got introduced to this awesome site.

I have mainly played SnG, and I am rather new to the tournaments ( only played them for around 1 year but find them way more interesting.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi NatRPheM,

I don't think you should get angry with Fagin, he is speaking sense.

MTT's are extremely swingy, you can play for hours then wham your 70:30 loses and your out. You remember the hands you lose on most, but in reality you probably won a lot of 70:30's to get to where you were.

Just try not to let losses affect your frame of mind, as it will lead you to making poor decisions and prevent you from playing optimally.

As an MTT/SnG player I know too well how frustrating it can be, but if you can't handle the variance of MTT's, I suggest concentrating on SnG's, n just play MTT's as a side game for fun.

Wish you the best of luck.

Regards,
      Sarah
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      so.... how much did you lose?
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      It was not my intention to be rude, I just expect people that answer to check out what has been said so far, so I just pointed that out. I expect that because thats what I do when I answer in a thread. I make myself familiar with what the thread started being about and what it turned into.

I do not care about money whatsoever. I just havent been able to handle loosing with the best (70%+ equity when all the chips has gone in) all the time for this long of a period.

There is a very long story why I dont handle being fucked over for a long period of time but thats very personal and also probably the reason why im steamed at this point in time.

All I can say is when your life has been people fucking you over and you have no power over it, it can easily translate (not sure this is the right choice of word) into other things you do in life. I guess im getting that feeling right now. I know for a fact its just variance but my brain might not agree or my heart or whatever it is.
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      Don't worry. No matter how bad it gets - you'll get used to it.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NatRPheM

All I can say is when your life has been people fucking you over and you have no power over it, it can easily translate (not sure this is the right choice of word) into other things you do in life. I guess im getting that feeling right now. I know for a fact its just variance but my brain might not agree or my heart or whatever it is.
      I know what you mean, i've also been dealt that hand in the past many times in my personal life. It's an unberable feeling somtimes and is a burden. I found though that pokers made me a tougher person though. Dont get me wrong i still have my times where i feel like complete shit and do a great job at giving myself a head fuck. The thing is though when things have gotten to you so much they no longer hurt you and you become numb to the pain. I dont trust anyone, because i dont trust myself to, but i've always had trust in my game and you should have trust in yours aswell. Varriance is abit like yours and my life...You get fucked over, feel like shit, drag yourself back onto your feet, get on with things, start feeling good again, then get fucked over again. Remember that. I hope that helps abit?
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Originally posted by NatRPheM

I know what you mean, i've also been dealt that hand in the past many times in my personal life. It's an unberable feeling somtimes and is a burden. I found though that pokers made me a tougher person though. Dont get me wrong i still have my times where i feel like complete shit and do a great job at giving myself a head fuck. The thing is though when things have gotten to you so much they no longer hurt you and you become numb to the pain. I dont trust anyone, because i dont trust myself to, but i've always had trust in my game and you should have trust in yours aswell. Varriance is abit like yours and my life...You get fucked over, feel like shit, drag yourself back onto your feet, get on with things, start feeling good again, then get fucked over again. Remember that. I hope that helps abit?
      Too close to home? Yeah I feel that post a whole lot.

I am now in the endings of a long and extremely painful, close to 2 year process in getting my teeth fixed. I am a really strong person mentally, I had no other choice than to either be that or lay down and die, which would NEVER happen since I dont respect quiting from myself.
      This wont break me in any way shape or form but it surtenly has annoyed me enough to punch the living shit out things including my desk, mouse, wall, keyboard and other things that might stand in my way - it helps.
      It might not help everybody but when you have as much rage and anger and just plain HATE against people in the past that you cant do anything about it, it feels so great to visualize that its them your punching the living hell out of.
      The more I think about it the more I think that I dont really get emotional because of the poker at all, it is just the triggering factor that makes me turmoil. I think it might be healthy in a way to get it out as well. I have noticed the period now that I have not been allowed to go to the gym because of operations I have had recently, I have had even more anger and felt more hate against pretty much anything "unjust" that has happened to me. I got the clearance a few days ago to start working out again, but I caught the flu which has made me incapable of doing so as of yet.
      Think things will calm down as soon as I am ready to go to the gym and get some of that hate out and it just in general makes me feel a whole lot better about myself :D

I could go on and talk about what has happened and all that but this should not have been about this in the first place, it just in a natural way turned into it for me.

All I will tell you is I had no trust in anybody for around 10 years, the last 3 years lots of things has changed and I am also still working on other things. The future for me is looking really bright, but there are still those wounds from the past that comes by every now and again and its a bitch to handle at times. I am really grateful for having a mom and dad that has been there for me through it all. Without them I would not be where I am today.

This post was mostly for you PocketAcesJohn and I hope things works out for the best for you!
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Hey Natural_Phe, just wanna say commiserations, bad beats feel like shit.

Checked out your graph.

Dude, you are 20% over more than 3000 tourneys. Suck up those beats and say thank you to the fish.

You aren't playing less than the $10's now I take it? And are these MTT SNGs?
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      I cashed out my roll a long time ago when I needed a break.
      I started with a 100$ roll not to long ago so I have been playing the micro MTTs with like 3-9K starting fields I did have an ok finish in the 5$ 20K Guarranteed ending 27 i think it was for a 68$ payout or around 13 buyin.
      I also played a few satelites and have had an easy time qulifing for the 11$ 250K guarranteed each sunday and build a roll from there, so far part A where I win the satelite has gone like I expected part B however has been where its been extremly tough luck going out with a few of the hands you see in post 1#.
      I do feel like gambling a little (banroll wise) since it does not affect by game one bit, I am actually more focused when I play a 12$ 180man turbo where if I win I can move up to the 5$ SnG with a good bankroll and if I lose Ill just grind some small tourneys. Also I play out of the BRM when something like Scoop will be coming up and just might put in around 100$ more on my account to play those juicy 12$ - 33$ deep stacked events since I seem to just play way more focused and better when there is a way deeper structure.

Like today I will be playing those miniFTOPS and I have had a good result in one of those tourneys in december ending 24/6300 or so players for a 979$ payout also cashed in a few of the others, I just feel my equity in those fields is great cause its deep stacked, and fish has no clue how to play deep and there are alot of fish.
      However I will say fulltilt has just been extremely against since the get go, I am not up on that site and I dont play it any differently than I do on stars, I have just never gotten the results I should of had. I will make that change since im probably only down a few 100$ but I think I am up on the SnG part still.

Again im just writing a wall of text everytime someone is commenting on something now lol. I guess I overanalize myself and what people say. Might be a good thing though.

P.S NN on fulltilt is Natural Phenom
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      I have started to get things going again after I stopped playing the big MTTs (field wise) and focused on my main game which is atm mostly 6$ 45man turbos.

Managed to build my 100$ roll to a solid 630$ in the past 2 weeks

Guess I will wait with the MTTs till I get what I see as a safe BR to play them.
    • Menschdefekt
      Menschdefekt
      Bronze
      I think there is starting to become a new era of online poker where its about the balls you have, not about your cards or your opponents cards.

Im still unable to get over a bank roll of 15$ playing low stakes MTSnG's and STSNG's. ITs become a sport to call with the worst hand, and in the past 3 months those bad hands have won. I have recored every KK/AA and AK vs AQ and I have won on the best hand less than 40% of the time.
      As i was writting this I see AA all in vs 93 and 10 2. 10 2 winning. AA was the player going all in first.
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skyscrapers
      Don't worry. No matter how bad it gets - you'll get used to it.
      So true.