pablomeza
      Bronze
      Known players:       
      Hero:
      $5.96
      BU:
      $10.16

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.71 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , Q:heart:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.55, BB folds, BU calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) 2:club: , A:diamond: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.95, BU raises to $1.90, Hero...?.

3 bet pots are always hard with AQ, as you easily be dominated by AK but have KK/QQ/JJ dominated here as well. I always figure minraises are weak and after the 3bet I hit my A with 2nd best kicker. I obviously don't expect 22 or 88 here so just happily go ALL in as I beat most of villains range except AK?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well, if he's a fish you have the nuts just go broke.

If he's a tag he'd probably 4bet AK and it makes no sense for him to raise another Ax at that point in position, so that leaves 88, maybe 22, and a whole bunch of air hands that are just screwing with you. If you 3bet him he'll fold every hand that you beat, if you call and look weak maybe he puts you on KK-TT and tries to bluff again along the way. You'll get stacked by AK/sets all the same, nothing you can do about that barring a read that he never minraises anything but the nuts, but maybe you get more out of his bluffs in the process.

Hope it helps.